Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tango 2,5-way TL (D2905/9900 + 2xMW19P-8)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tango 2,5-way TL (D2905/9900 + 2xMW19P-8)

Maybe someone will be interested in this 2,5-way TL. This is DIY Kit "Tango" of one Russian author
    Drivers:
    ScanSpeak Revelator D2905/9900-00
    2x SB Acoustics Satori MW19P-8
    Sensitivity is 91dB / 2.83V
    Resistance of coils for tweeter: 0,35 Ohm
    Resistance of coils for midbass: 0,33 Ohm
    This speaker system does not use direct resistors, so the sound is very good..
    Last edited by Dance; 06-19-2018, 04:52 AM.

No dout some authoritative low end grunt. Troels has a MW19P two way monitor and I think it must be a terrific driver. Not sure how much more you get with this design than the MW16 SBA 2.5 way or Troel's MTM kit, but it has got to have some potent slam and bass control. X-over looks around 1,500 to 1,700 range. Here is the two way:

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/MW19P-8.htm

Comment

Dark veneer.

Comment

They look great. I would really like to hear these.
        craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
          They look great. I would really like to hear these.
          I listened to them with a Class-A amplifier, it was a killer combo.

Comment

Resistors make a speaker system sound bad?
            Craig

Comment

Unless they're boutique and cost >$50 each.
              "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                Resistors make a speaker system sound bad?
                Well, my modest practice shows if your amplifier and DAC are not high enough, then maybe the resistors will not make your sound a bad so much. But if you have a good amplifier in class-A and a good DAC, you will feel how the resistors make your sound a bad.
                (Sorry for my English)

Comment

We need a triple blind A/B comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Dance View Post

Well, my modest practice shows if your amplifier and DAC are not high enough, then maybe the resistors will not make your sound a bad so much. But if you have a good amplifier in class-A and a good DAC, you will feel how the resistors make your sound a bad.
                    (Sorry for my English)
                    I'd worry much more about #1 inductors and #2 capacitors. See this article by Rod Elliot:
                    ESP - The Audio Pages. Tips and techniques for passive crossover network design, including a design spreadsheet. Much more information than you are used to on this topic.
                    "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Originally posted by ernperkins View Post

I'd worry much more about #1 inductors and #2 capacitors. See this article by Rod Elliot:
                      Everywhere there is a compromise. For example, remarkable acoustics "Kairos" on similar drivers has a sensitivity of 85.5dB / 2.83V and 2 resistors on the tweeter. "Tango" has a sensitivity of ~ 91dB / 2.83V dB and no resistors. We connected "Tango" to an amplifier Class-A whose power is 25 watts, and it sounded great with them.
                      And I think that the D2905/9900 is the best soft dome tweeter, it sounds so good. Especially without resistors.

Comment

A little video.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X