Help : tell me about this driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help : tell me about this driver

Please help me with this peerless 10” driver I’ve went to the peerless website and can’t find anything about it and I dont have the gear to test it for the specs Here’s some photos of it I’d like to know if I can use it for a sub box with the two drivers that I have. I’m not looking for crazy low hz in the teens. Just something around 28 or up. Either type of box. I want to install them in my truck and I only have room of about 52” wide 18” tall bottom 10” deep and top 6.5 deep Please help me out and tell me if I can even do anything with these drivers, like I said. Not looking for the bass that you feel and hear a block down the street

Looks pretty old (worn). You COULD find its resonant freq. fairly easily. If you're from near Appleton WI I could DATS them for you.
    Could have been from some OEM batch?

Comment

Where are you located?
      I couldn't find that number, you might contact Tymphany and ask them if they have the parameters for it.

Comment

I’m in lake mary fl near Orlando I’ve emailed peerless about them and they never emailed me back , it’s been 3 months sense my last email

Comment

I’m in lake mary fl near Orlando I’ve emailed peerless about them and they never emailed me back , it’s been 3 months sense my last email I wish I add the funds to buy the datv2 for testing. I have boxes of old drivers that I need testing. It’s hard being disabled and being a audio junky Cash is very tight. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by carlthess40 View Post
            I’m in lake mary fl near Orlando I’ve emailed peerless about them and they never emailed me back , it’s been 3 months sense my last email I wish I add the funds to buy the datv2 for testing. I have boxes of old drivers that I need testing. It’s hard being disabled and being a audio junky Cash is very tight. Lol
            Dude - you can easily build a simple jig for a couple of bucks and use free LIMP to get thiele/small parameters. There is a sticky thread here with lots of details.
            You can get a Parts Express UMM-6 microphone ($45 for a restock) and use free HolmImpulse to measure frequency response.
            Hope this helps

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
            "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
            SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
            My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

I have the mic. So how do I do this jig your talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by carlthess40 View Post
                I have the mic. So how do I do this jig your talking about?
                Read here:
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ustrated-guide
                Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
                Wogg Music

Comment

Another possibility. There is a classified section here on TT where you can post Want to buy ads, or can post merchandise for sale. I didn't notice any DATS products today, but they come up now and then. Other websites like diymidwestaudioclub and diyaudio have classifieds as well, so you might find one cheap on these if you look.

Comment

Thank you for all your help

Comment

Also try calling Madisound. I bought some Peerless woofers from them back around 1991 and couldn't find any info about them on the web. Called Madisound and they emailed my a complete pdf spec sheet. I think it was an OEM buyout they were selling but I could be mistaken. Anyway they had T/S parameters and a FR curve.
                      Craig

Comment

I just called them. Madisound. Great help from the tech. No info about my drivers. He said they are probably made for another company and his catalog just does not go back that far but he was a great help with getting me some capacitors for my Klipsch crossovers and I’m going to give them a shot great company to talk to and I’m definitely going to promote them thanks for all your help

Comment

I want to say thanks for all of you guys for all the help. I got a lot of great info and help If anyone sees anything around Orlando and need me to check it out for you. Just email me and I’ll help as much as possible

Comment

Working...
                          X