Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

AP Application Note- Loudspeaker Measurements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP Application Note- Loudspeaker Measurements

Something dropping in my inbox today, I saved the link that you would otherwise have to fill out a form about your business to get. It's a good primer on acoustic measurements.

http://opt-in.ap.com/ldspkr-tav0618-...asurements.pdf
    "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
    exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

I got one too, it was from Audio Express, I subscribe to Voice Coil so think it was from them, and yes it is an excellent paper. good that you posted it could be of help to people.

Steve -

Comment

I need to get me one of those AP turntables

Comment

Originally posted by civit View Post
        I need to get me one of those AP turntables
        You can use a lazy suzan marked with angles. I do the poor man's method, print off a polar chart and tape it to the floor, then line the baffle of my speaker up on the chart for various angles.

https://www.sampletemplates.com/busi...aph-paper.html
        "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
        exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

I made a pedestal which lifts small speakers up 3 feet, and another on which lifts them up 6'. These each have a hole in their base which lines up with where you'd put the baffle. I then use a bolt to connect these pedestals to a 2x2 piece of mdf which has angles marked on it. Works ok.

Comment

Working...
          X