Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your most budget build that sounded good to you.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolf View Post

Sophomores should be in the blog too, but I noticed some of those entries have been truncated over time. Mn-14 should be on the forum, as I took them to Iowa 2007 where they won the super-budget category. If not- the photos of xover are in my 'bucket and such. It's possible neither are on the forum, but I likely have those older ones on a disc here at home...

I'll see what I can do...

Oh- forgot another one:
    "Dragon Foals"

Later,
    Wolf
    Ben ,have you and others solved the photobucket issue you guys were having about older designs and pictures of such?

Comment

Way back when Radio Shack sold good stuff, they had a very nice cast frame full range driver that performed admirably. I used a pair of them with very good results.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	40-1311.png
Views:	1
Size:	623.8 KB
ID:	1380252

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post

Ben ,have you and others solved the photobucket issue you guys were having about older designs and pictures of such?
        Apparently, the old photos are now showing again with the new management takeover at P'Bucket. I have not uploaded to the account since the takeover and tried to post anywhere, but I plan to and see what happens. I don't know if the interface is any better just yet, as it was pretty crummy last I used it.

Later,
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Apparently, the old photos are now showing again with the new management takeover at P'Bucket. I have not uploaded to the account since the takeover and tried to post anywhere, but I plan to and see what happens. I don't know if the interface is any better just yet, as it was pretty crummy last I used it.

Later,
          Wolf
          Don't feel so bad, the changes to the Forum software here resulted in my not being able to use my preferred moniker. Æ

Comment

Your moniker shows up in your post just now....
            My issues were not with the forum software.
            Later,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Anyone figure out the figure out the NOLA design? Both 8 ohm TC9's in parallel, in phase, one with a 20uf cap in series?

Comment

Later,
                Wolf
                i did today in my Paper Tower thread Ben , it was just like it used to be .
                Paper Towers
                RS180P/28F surrounds
                Boombox

Comment

Originally posted by ontariomaximus View Post
                  Anyone figure out the figure out the NOLA design? Both 8 ohm TC9's in parallel, in phase, one with a 20uf cap in series?
                  Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Burke View Post

Pete..can you give me more information about this speaker build ?

I have a pair of RS100-4 that I am looking for a home for.

Thanks
                    Erich at DIYSoundgroup sent me this little gem to work up a crossover for an upcoming kit. I'd never worked on such a small speaker before. It was only when I set them up about 3' from my listening position that they began to really impress me. Not sure when Erich will have the kit(s) for this speaker up on his site.

Even without the tweeter, the RS100-4 made for a very nice full range speaker. I made a 3 component EQ network that tamed the upper mids and smoothed out the response, leaving a little rise in the top octave.

The first pic is the response of the RS100-4 with the 3 component EQ. The second is the response of the 2-way.

Name:	RS100 FR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1380384

Name:	Dayton Wavecor response.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1380385
                    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Started when I was a kid, and nothing I built sounded especially good to me. Ports were always wrong. Crossovers, too.

I guess I’m confessing to building a lot of garbage over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by ontariomaximus View Post
                        Try this if link if you're interested in Brio clones. Craig (PWR RYD) did a similar design, but more of a traditional open baffle on the top. I heard it at a SD DIY and it really surprised me with its sound.
                        Originally Posted by jimbro Beats the heck out of me. I'll have to do some studying and try to catch up with you on that concept. I found this website
                        "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Yep my first bud I think I have to my brother in law. Cheap grs parts. I did not know anything but he still has them and likes them. I must have gotten little lucky. I would love to hear them now and see what think
                          Just another hobbyiest.

Comment

Iit may not qualify for your interpretation of budget but I built the side firing version of Curt's Cinderella a few years back and they still serve as the main speakers in our living room. They do so many things right I just can't justify building a more expensive design to replace them. They actually replaced the much larger RS MTMW that I worked on with Dennis Murphy and others.
                            Great budget speaker, small footprint with big sound.

Comment

Working...
                            X