Understanding Sub-woofer SPL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
    i've not heard any of B&Cs 18's , but this is Jbrunner's B&C 21 in 13^3ft . it was amazing !

Click image for larger version

Name:	joshs21_zps5o63fsnh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1380351
    That looks outstanding. What is it tuned to? Does it sound good? I like the design!
    "I don't know everything and do not claim to. I continue to learn and that is what makes me human."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul O View Post
      You're comparing a top shelf driver to a mid level driver so they're not really in the same ballpark, even a Definimax doesn't compare to the B&C when it's being pushed. Have you modeled the 18TBX100? I'm also seeing 5.5 cu/ft per driver as the optimum for power handling.
      Paul -- That's precisely why I am asking the question. I know nothing about B&C and wasn't sure if their price point was due to being imported from Italy rather than being produced in the US such as Eminence. I am going to model that driver per your recommendation. Thank you for the advice!
      "I don't know everything and do not claim to. I continue to learn and that is what makes me human."

Comment

Originally posted by STIchris722 View Post

What is this supposed to mean?
        Wayne’s World

Party on Garth
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

What is this supposed to mean?
          Wayne's World - a comedy sketch on Saturday Night Live with Dana Carvey (as Wayne) and Mike Myers (as Garth)
          The proper response is "rock on Garth!"

It means, have fun, enjoy yourself.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
          "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
          SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
          My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

That looks outstanding. What is it tuned to? Does it sound good? I like the design!

IIRC it was a couple years ago . it was tuned low 20's and could handle 3600w before X-max became an issue . the sound was clean and amazing . not a cheap though .... https://www.parts-express.com/bc-21s...4-ohm--294-689
            Paper Towers
            RS180P/28F surrounds
            Boombox

Comment

So I contacted a B&C rep and they told me that the reason a 21" speaker doesn't have anymore output than an 18" is due to the additional mass of the cone being moved. If this is the case then why would anyone purchase a 21" over an 18"? I have been so intrigued with the 21" speaker because of the Tim Allen tool time mentality of bigger is better, but after modeling them, they look terrible. I can post some pictures if anyone is interested, but so far this B&C 18TBW100 is kicking more butt than anything else I can model. If someone could shed some light on this I'd appreciate it. Cheers!

Comment

why would anyone purchase a 21" over an 18"? !
                Because bigger and more expensive is always better, and in the words of a high end cable executive, 'As long as people are stupid enough to buy what we're selling we'll keep selling it'.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
                www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                  Because bigger and more expensive is always better, and in the words of a high end cable executive, 'As long as people are stupid enough to buy what we're selling we'll keep selling it'.
                  I tried to send you a PM, but it wouldn't allow me to. I have some questions regarding a set of Tuba plans I purchased from you.

Comment

I tried to send you a PM, but it wouldn't allow me to. I have some questions regarding a set of Tuba plans I purchased from you.
                    Post them on my forum. Thanks.
                    www.billfitzmaurice.com
                    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post

Post them on my forum. Thanks.
                      Done. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X