X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donradick
    replied
    Dude,
    I can't help you with driver choices, but I'm pretty sure that for PA use, you need to be looking a bass "horns" or "scoops".
    Because you will def run out of SPL using direct radiator boxes.

Like one of the designs from Bill Fitzmaurice:

Leave a comment:

• STIchris722
    replied
    Anyone have any experience with B&C speakers (specifically the 18TBW100). I am designing a set of 18" PA sub-woofers right now and am torn between the Eminence KappaProLF 18" vs the B&C mentioned earlier. Any recommendations? The Eminence looks like I can get away with a slightly smaller enclosure tuned a couple Hz higher. Output is nearly the same, but with much less power required from the Eminence. I currently have a set of SigmaPro 18" from Eminence and have been less than impressed with them. Are B&C going to sound better? Any help is appreciated

Leave a comment:

• STIchris722
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul O View Post
    The programs should produce the same results if we are both using the same driver TS parameters. Where did you get yours?
    Mine were in the database of the program, but I always verify them with the specs on the website.

Leave a comment:

• Paul O
    replied
    The programs should produce the same results if we are both using the same driver TS parameters. Where did you get yours?

Leave a comment:

• STIchris722
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul O View Post
    The graph looks fine, I have to question the enclosure size you picked however.. why so big? My simulation in WinISD suggest that the driver will be well over xmax at 1500w which isn't ideal but it can handle it.
    Paul -- For some reason it's not letting me upload anything tonight without getting an error. At 8ft^3 tuned to 38Hz, running 1500W RMS to the driver, Bass Box Pro is telling me I have almost 2mm to spare. I could be doing something wrong though. Is there any difference in results between the two (2) programs?

Leave a comment:

• Paul O
    replied
    The graph looks fine, I have to question the enclosure size you picked however.. why so big? My simulation in WinISD suggest that the driver will be well over xmax at 1500w which isn't ideal but it can handle it.

Leave a comment:

• STIchris722
    replied
    Originally posted by Billet View Post
    You are doubling your surface area and doubling your power, each provides a 3 db gain for a total of 6 db.
    So everything is accurate in the 2nd graph?

Leave a comment:

• Billet
    replied
    You are doubling your surface area and doubling your power, each provides a 3 db gain for a total of 6 db.

Leave a comment:

• Paul O
    replied
    Your second graph does show 3000w input power.

Leave a comment:

• STIchris722
    started a topic Understanding Sub-woofer SPL

Understanding Sub-woofer SPL

I am in the process of designing some PA sub-woofers and I am not understanding the results that my modeling software is spitting out. With one (1) B&C 18TBW100 in an 8ft^3 cabinet tuned to 38Hz, I am hitting 129dB @ 50.7Hz. If I make a cabinet with two (2) 18TBW100 in an 16ft^3 cabinet tuned to 38Hz, I am hitting 134.8dB @ 50.7Hz. I always thought (and forgive me if I'm wrong), that every time surface area is doubled, there is a 3dB gain. Should I not be doubling the input power to 3KW when using the two (2) speaker method? I feel as thought I am missing something very simple here and need a sanity check from my fellow members. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Working...
X