Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First 2.1 amp board I'm paying attention to...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 2.1 amp board I'm paying attention to...

This new product caught my eye: TPS3116D2 Class D 2.1 Bluetooth 4.0 Amplifier Board 2 x 50W + 100W with Filter and Volume Controls

Based on this Q/A:
    looks like there's a switch between the 'tre' and 'tre vol' pots. any ideas what that does?
    A shopper on Jun 18, 2018
    BEST ANSWER: It allows the stereo channels to either pass full-range or it engages a high-pass filter, controlled by the filter potentiometer.
    Finally, a 2.1 board that has an electronic high pass on the satelite outputs. Who wants to be the first to get one and put it on the bench for testing?
    Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
    Wogg Music

I think the switch is for Sub full range or pass through (I've heard both versions). The basic board design/module has been around for several years. IIRC djg recently ordered PE's or an identical one prior to PE's offering. He may have some feedback by now.

Comment

I almost called you out by name Mike

If that switch is for the sub filter and it's still not an actual high pass I'd be super disappointed. I'd like to cook up a 2.1 table top boom box for the daughter someday, this is on the short list to power it so I'll find out eventually (my projects are only fast in a geological timeframe).
      Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
      Wogg Music

Comment

At first glance, my Nobsound unit has all 5 knobs evenly spaced. Not Bluetooth.

This is a picture of a Fosi brand 2.1 which looks identical to the Nobsound externally.The Nobsound ad has no internal pic. Click image for larger version

Name:	fosi 2.1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	1380188

Comment

I just purchased 2 of these off of Amazon for an Isetta build for my brother and will add a 2.1 for my computer for myself.
          Was on Amazon (.ca) for $25 and has Bluetooth 4.0 according to the spec sheet. Should have them in a few weeks and will see how well they work.

Comment

Just picked one up. I have two hivi b3n and one TB w6 1139si I plan on using.

Comment

Working...
            X