Mash Up of Kits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mash Up of Kits

Hello Tech Talkers, a few weeks back I made a little boom box with the 300-7300 30W Portable Bluetooth Kit. I added a second battery board for extra life. It sounds pretty good and overall I am very pleased. While I like what it does and feel the output is appropriate, my father wants me to build him one. He is a "more is better" type of guy. I was looking to make a version that would mash up the 100W Dayton Bluetooth amp with a few sets of batteries and the Overnight Sensations. Ideally I would buy the Overnight Sensation parts but not the enclosure. I would like to make it into a single enclosure, maybe even share 1 larger port. If a single port would cause issues, the 2 with the kit is fine as well. Maybe 10 X 5 X 8 inside dimension. The amp and batteries will take up volume that is not yet accounted for. I am no audiophile and neither is pops, but I would like to put something together that is loud, accurate and clean. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Check out Ceiol's "Dr. Pepper boombox"

Comment

I believe 10x5x8 is about the size of ONE OS box. If you change the volume, the bass response will be altered.

Later,
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

If your buying parts separately, go with the KAB-230 amp board. Of the three KAB series amps, that model is best - no issues. And for maximum output on 8 ohm (e.g. OS) speakers, use a 24 V PS (but an old 18-19 V laptop supply will be very good as well).

BTW: Nice build. Love the inside mounted woofers with contoured baffle openings. Maybe a soft, handle on top?

Comment

Thanks for the tips.
          Wolf, the ID's are about 8X5X7 each on the OS, giving me 280 ci. But yes, I think I should aim more like 8X7X10. That will yield double the volume.
          Mike, the rigid front handle is to carry on end and be a bit of protection for the components. This is a garage/camping/general outside toy.

Comment

boom box in my sig uses the OS's ...
            Paper Towers
            RS180P/28F surrounds
            Boombox

Comment

Working...
            X