$30.00 Craigslist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $30.00 Craigslist

Needs a bit of work, about as old as me.

I'd definitely put some new poly caps on it.

Seriously though, those are good saws for the money (normally closer to $100). Congrats!

Comment

New blade, handle, hardware. Cost more than the saw. Not a big selection of 8" blades locally.

Comment

My father had one almost exactly like that one. He purchased it in the 1950s, and quit using it in 2012 after my mother died. If I recall, the blade is smaller than most current table saw blades.

I remember when ours was purchased new. Knowing how my brother and I got into things while he was at work, he put a small padlock on one of the electrical plug's tangs, It worked.

EDIT: Your post came it before I hit Save. It confirms what I remembered about the blade diameter.
        Bill Schneider
        -+-+-+-+-
        www.afterness.com/audio

Comment

And you still have all your fingers.This thing is pre OSHA. The blade is labelled 8" to 8 1/4".

Comment

Heh - I survived a lot of things that should have done a lot of damage.

BTW, I built a set of speaker cabs with that saw using 3/4" plywood and mitered corners back in the 60s. I didn't know a thing about crossovers then. Still don't, except that now I know that you need one.
            Bill Schneider
            -+-+-+-+-
            www.afterness.com/audio

Comment

I built a sub cabinet using my sliding compound miter saw and a straight edge/ circular saw. Errors crept in, so I decided to look for a cheap little saw on a wheeled stand, and found this one. I just put the new blade on and a handle for moving it. It works good, very smooth. The belt is tensioned by the motor"s weight.

So, $75.00 total.

I have a Bagby Soprano kit coming along with some Sapele veneer.

Comment

$75 total (shakes head). That's a steal.
                Bill Schneider
                -+-+-+-+-
                www.afterness.com/audio

Comment

It's a nice find, but sometimes with deals like this you end up spending way more time fixing it and adjusting it, than you expected to. Kind of reminds me of my garage sale find, a somewhat dilapidated Craftsman 10" table saw. for $120.

Comment

Working...
                  X