Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large Format 3 way HT tower. Give it to me straight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Kornbread View Post

    Those have been proven in various designs. If there's a p after the model number the cone is paper. If you wanted to select the best possible drivers, no compromises, well, better get ready to spend some cash. PE now offers their most bestest epique @$300-400 a pop. There's nothing wrong with the drivers you chose first.
    Is there a significant difference between the paper and aluminum models? I also see where there is a designer series. What's the scoop on those?
    "I don't know everything and do not claim to. I continue to learn and that is what makes me human."

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by STIchris722 View Post

      Is there a significant difference between the paper and aluminum models? I also see where there is a designer series. What's the scoop on those?
      Dayton has an entire slough of drivers under their tent. The designer, reference, and epique series are hitting price points, the latter in competition with the better offerings of other manufacturers.

      Paper vs aluminium, IIRC paper was supposed to soften the cone breakup.
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...khanspires-but
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...pico-neo-build
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ensation-build

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Kornbread View Post

        Dayton has an entire slough of drivers under their tent. The designer, reference, and epique series are hitting price points, the latter in competition with the better offerings of other manufacturers.

        Paper vs aluminium, IIRC paper was supposed to soften the cone breakup.
        So the aluminum isn't the better choice? Interesting I'm glad I asked the question before I purchased the drivers.
        "I don't know everything and do not claim to. I continue to learn and that is what makes me human."

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by STIchris722 View Post

          So the aluminum isn't the better choice? Interesting I'm glad I asked the question before I purchased the drivers.
          It all depends on the final implementation. What might be detrimental in one implementation, might be perfectly fine in another.

          Comment


          • #35
            What you get with the paper cone RS drivers is a higher sensitivity, but you have to live with a higher fS (and maybe some other compromises). Both paper and aluminum cone RS drivers are quite good and high-value drivers. Neither is absolutely better than the other, but one might fit your specific needs better than the other.

            Originally posted by STIchris722 View Post

            So the aluminum isn't the better choice? Interesting I'm glad I asked the question before I purchased the drivers.

            Comment

            Working...
            X