Cupcake Speaker Build Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

i have built kits berfore, i want something my own this time. I think i have addressed most of the phase issues. If there is something anyone sees to correct please let me know. I have not used anything else before doing this- i grabbed FRD and ZMA for the drivers and loaded them up. I guess as of now im trying to get this looking ood enough - order drivers and build the cabs i want and then measure
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah some like that but like 1-1.5cu ft and "floating" tweeter

Comment

Originally posted by Bergarth View Post
          i grabbed FRD and ZMA for the drivers and loaded them up.
          Reiterating .. you need to process the raw driver FRD and ZMA files in response modeler before "loading them up" into PCD. Response Modeler will change both FRD and ZMA files for both drivers to reflect: (1) Woofer in box response; (2) Woofer baffle step loss and diffraction; (3) Tweeter baffle diffraction and minimum phase. Baffle step is critical. it will reduce the raw low end response of the woofer and increase response above the raw driver graph higher up in frequency. All is depending on baffle dimensions and driver placement on the baffle that Response Modeler will accept as inputs.. The low to high variation of these effects is ~ 8 dB.

Can anyone point to the tutorial on Response Modeler and PCD for this ...

Comment

Yeh id love a Tutorial- but i will do as you suggested. I was just stating what i "was" doing - I appreciate your help

Comment

The SPL match and phase are going to be off unless you measure in box so don't sweat the phase. That said you should attempt to load the correct offsets in PCD. Right now it looks like you have a coax

I prefer Response Blender to add in the baffle response
              John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

i started modeling baffle and box with his other program not sure where you load it in PCD

Comment

woofer enclosure
                  Attached Files

Comment

ANyway let me know what you think- im putting these on hold right now till get more concrete data and building second VBSS

Comment

I'm a total newbie at this as well, so I can understand how overwhelming this can all be. I suggest a decent sized glass of whiskey before you start. Luckily some of the fine members of this forum have been kind enough to help with the learning curve. Here is a pretty awesome step by step guide that I have been using to help me out, along with the whiskey
                      http://woggmusic.com/advanced-speake...gn-simulation/

Comment

Thanks Unclemo, Yeah this is a crazy task. Thanks for the link ill incorporate that into what i am already doing.

Comment

Working...
                        X