DTA-2.1BT Amp Version2.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomzarbo
    started a topic DTA-2.1BT Amp Version2.....

DTA-2.1BT Amp Version2.....

Looks like this is the replacement for the current DTA-2.1BT amp that Matt suggested might be coming...

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...ment--300-3831

Looks good if so. That little pot to adjust the low-end cutoff is just what this amp needed! Hope they're available by this Saturday at... oh... say around 7 am?
    TomZ

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Yeah, .maybe I should lay off the detective work.
    TomZ

Leave a comment:

• davidroberts
    replied
    Looks like they have removed all traces of it at this point.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    OR, the Dayton DTA-2.1BT3 is coming, with everything we ask for. Probably not.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    I Think the "no longer available " is just how they are building the product page until it's finished and they have some in stock. I actually found it by typing in the old part number,just. Adding one to it... took a shot.
    Yeah... theyve made progress, not quite there yet I guess for everyone's needs. I'd be happy with this new version but with a remote for volume control... Maybe even inputs.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Brian Steele
    replied
    Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
    Brian, I was thinking that maybe the new pot is one of those push-in to pop-out versions?
    That would make it a *little* better, but such an adjustment really should not be on the front panel.

Leave a comment:

• davidroberts
    replied
    Link shows no longer available??

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Tom, that Nobsound amp I bought has sub channel volume and crossover freq adjustment, better IMHO than this item. Not bluetooth though. The makers keep making baby steps towards what we all want.

The Nobsound with my new Bagby Soprano mains and your Tenacious sub makes a really nice 2.1 computer sound system.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Looks like it's $82 vs. version 1's $78.80... $3.20 is a bargain for sub cross adjustability.

Brian, I was thinking that maybe the new pot is one of those push-in to pop-out versions? If not, I'd probably put a tiny little aluminum knob on there to spruce it up a bit.
    I know you would like a few more features on this, but for use with smaller little sealed speakers, it's fairly useful I think. I've played with a few of them and they really are kind of nice.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Brian Steele
    replied
    *** grumble ***

Well, it's closer to the ideal.

And the extra knob is labeled "crossover adjustment", though the rest of the text on the page suggests that it only adjusts the subwoofer LP.

Ideal (for me):

1. Adjustments for both HP (mains) and LP (sub)
    2. Said adjustments recessed into the amp's chassis so only accessible via screwdriver or the like (to prevent some idiot from changing them by fiddling with easily accessible knobs!).

...and a nice add-on would be...

3. A HP filter for the sub channel as well (located as outlined in (2)), for those using the sub channel to drive subs that unload below a certain frequency.
    4. The ability to drive the subwoofer channel from a separate input (which would make this amp a nice add-on for the Dayton DSP unit).

Note: What would be really nice is if Dayton roll out some 4-channel amps (with a bridgeable option) that could be used with the DSP unit. Lots of possibilities open up there....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X