High Pass Filter Circuit....???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Pass Filter Circuit....???

I believe that the high pass filter section for the tweeter section is a 12dB filter with a crossover freq of 6400Hz. Can someone explain to me what function does the C4 capacitor and R1 resistor parallel circuit serves in the tweeter section?

Looks like a high pass shelf, to raise the level of higher frequencies. The resistor attenuates at lower frequencies, but the cap cuts in to reduce the attenuation. Maybe the tweeter droops a bit towards the high end.
    Francis

Comment

Realistic Mach 2... old school!

The parallel RC is a shaping filter. It will reduce output below the critical frequency where the cap opens up and you end up with a series resistor. Above that frequency the cap effectively shorts the resistor out.
      Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
      Wogg Music

Comment

It's a contour network.
        https://www.diyaudioandvideo.com/Cal...rNetwork/Help/
        www.billfitzmaurice.com
        www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

In a sim (which you can run yourself), using an "8 ohm" tweeter (w/flat Z-curve - like a planar), it effectively attenuates the tweeter an additional -2dB IN IT'S PASSBAND (which is roughly the topmost octave) with little change to the Fc (and below). (In my moc sim, I can actually get the same x-fer fn by just using the 2 ohm series resistor, w/OUT the cap.)

Comment

Working...
          X