• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science or word salad?

http://www.avalonacoustics.com/models_tesseract.html

under technique.
    Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Comment

All I see in their gallery are some goofy speakers photoshopped into echo chambers.

Seriously - what's the point of $100,000 speakers in a room with a tile floor and marble columns?

Comment

Originally posted by spasticteapot View Post
        All I see in their gallery are some goofy speakers photoshopped into echo chambers.

Seriously - what's the point of $100,000 speakers in a room with a tile floor and marble columns?
        You'll impress somebody. May not sound good, but that probably doesn't matter a lot.
        Francis

Comment

Originally posted by spasticteapot View Post

This drives me insane regularly, seems like all the high-end manufactures place their speakers in
          the worst possible sounding rooms for their ads etc. The recent Totem ad with the photoshopped
          chick on the beach, maybe they just have a great sense of humor?
          Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by xmax View Post

This drives me insane regularly, seems like all the high-end manufactures picture their speakers in
            the worst possible sounding rooms.
            I have bad news for you: many people (not just the wealthy ones) put their speakers in terrible sounding rooms. I'm not sure the normal person understands how much the room matters, or cares.
            Francis

Comment

I deal with mostly studio rats they at least know of the concept of flutter echo, standing waves etc.
              Guess xmax's age.

Comment

I deal with mostly studio rats they at least know of the concept of flutter echo, standing waves etc.
                Understood. For a while there was an "audiophile" notion that rooms should be plenty reverberant. To the point that one of the rooms in the JBL store at Times Square, the room with the Revel Salon2s, followed that idea. I hated the sound of it. Last time I was there I noticed they had installed large, elaborate absorbers on the walls. Much better!
                Francis

Comment

Have you heard the Revel Salon2s in a good room?
                  Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Have you heard the Revel Salon2s in a good room?
                    The room is good now; the absorbers did the trick. They were obviously good before, but the room reverberation was annoying.
                    Francis

Comment

I have not, but I like the drivers Revel uses, a friend of mine (a well known mastering engineer) uses the original Revel Salon,
                      looking at it's impedance curves it appears some fine engineering went into it. He and I are talking of designing and manufacturing
                      a mastering speaker down the road, right now I can't keep up with my current designs manufacture!
                      Guess xmax's age.

Comment

I have not, but I like the drivers Revel uses, a friend of mine (a well known mastering engineer) uses the original Revel Salon,
                        looking at it's impedance curves it appears some fine engineering went into it. He and I are talking of designing and manufacturing
                        a mastering speaker down the road, right now I can't keep up with my current designs manufacture!
                        If you're near Times Square drop in to listen; they have a room with the Salon2s, and a cool theater room with K2 S9900s. Both are spectacular sounding.
                        Francis

Comment

I'm near Detroit, but I am in NYC often, I will check it out.
                          Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giggles .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	628.4 KB
ID:	1382082
                            Guess xmax's age.

Comment

If a freak accident shrunk my speakers to 60% their original size I'd probably toss them in the desert too

Comment

Working...
                              X