X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kairos

Hi all, mostly a lurker here.

Very pleased with my kairos.
    I’d like to expand to use for HT as well. I know it’s come up before and I know there is no center channel so I think I’ve got a work around. I’d like u guys to tell me if I’ve missed a massive flaw in the idea!

I’m going to build another speaker with the kairos crossover but...
    The center channel has to go below tv and so is well below ear level. Kairos baffle is sloped at 14 degrees. The angle from my ears down to the center of the planned center channel position is conveniently also about the same.
    My plan is to make a flat baffle kairos but with the woofer on top. Ie instead of using a tilted baffle to time align the tweeter, it will be further away by virtue of being below ear level.
    I hope that makes sense- writing it makes it seem more complicated than it is, if I could draw it it would be clear.

The only difficulties i currently foresee is that the center channel would be listened to directly on axis whereas the L&R channels I use slightly off axis. Also I may face a bit more mid and treble floor bounce. The sensitivity will mean i’ll Need a decent HT amp but these speakers deserve nothing less anyhow.

Thoughts and suggestions before I buy all the bits?
    Ryan

Originally posted by Ryan514 View Post
    My plan is to make a flat baffle kairos but with the woofer on top.
    You may already be aware of this, but the Adelphos is the flat-baffle version of the Kairos.

Comment

Do you really need a center channel?

Currently have three ht systems; the one in the 'shed' is more of a solo experience with one main chair in a 16'x20' (actually this one is currently a no go as we have a new neighbor that lives way too close and doesn't always like my choice of music), the main ht setup in the living room has a couch/3-way recliner in a 22'x25' room, and boys bedroom setup. Due to the off axis listening positions , the bedroom setup was the only one that a center channel helped at keeping vocals on the screen.

YMMV
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...khanspires-but
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...pico-neo-build
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ensation-build

Comment

If you have to have 3 kairos, raise the TV and put the 3 front speakers in some semblance of a straight line. Or, make some other center channel MTM that will fit. An upside down MT just puts the tweeter even lower.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
          If you have to have 3 kairos, raise the TV and put the 3 front speakers in some semblance of a straight line. Or, make some other center channel MTM that will fit. An upside down MT just puts the tweeter even lower.
          yeah- I'm with this. Just build another Kairos. If its below ear level tilt back if needed ( I don't think it'll matter much).

Comment

Working...
          X