OT: transformer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: transformer

I have a salt generator on my pool. Not working. I've gone through the recommended diagnostics and all voltages check out, except the instructions suggest that the resistance on the two legs of the transformer should be 2.1-2.9 ohms. One of the pair measures 2.7 and the other pair is 3.1. Is that fair enough out of range for this system not to work?. I believe the board is running at 24 volts and the voltage supplied (when generating chlorine is supposed to be between 15-24 volts. thanks

I don't think the transformer is bad. A bad reading would be a short curcuit (a few tenths of an Ohm) or an open circuit (very high resistance).
    Craig

Comment

your right, the reading dropped from 3.1 to 2.7 when I scraped the corrosion off the terminal. thanks

Comment

I believe those systems use a cell (electrolysis) to break apart the NaCl molecule. That requires DC current. So if your transformer tests good the problem could be the rectifier(s) that convert the AC to DC. If that's not it maybe the cell has failed in some way.
        Craig

Comment

Working...
        X