No announcement yet.

Peerless MTMMM and MMTMMMM - 2.5 way designs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did an MTMMM 2.5 way using 830656s along with the Dayton ND-20FB-4. I would the OP's project would be a step up.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...t-like-candles
    It is estimated that one percent of the general population are psychopaths - New Criminologist: Understanding Psychopaths

Comment

Originally posted by mattk View Post
      I did an MTMMM 2.5 way using 830656s along with the Dayton ND-20FB-4. I would the OP's project would be a step up.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...t-like-candles
      Nice work. Your crossover is a lot more elegant. Mine is a bit brute force and expensive. I like the 0.47uF cap for notching purposes I presume? I should look to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bullet View Post

Nice work. Your crossover is a lot more elegant. Mine is a bit brute force and expensive. I like the 0.47uF cap for notching purposes I presume? I should look to do the same.
        I used Zaph's ZA5.5tt crossover topology (see http://zaphaudio.com/ZA5/ ) as a starting point in PCD, since he knows what he is doing, and adjusted values to get a reasonably flat response with a good reverse null.
        It is estimated that one percent of the general population are psychopaths - New Criminologist: Understanding Psychopaths

Comment

Originally posted by rpb View Post

How about a wtmwww 3-way?
          That will give the best sound. Dedicating one of those drivers to midrange duty without big excursions will clear up the mids compared to the 2-way.

I did a TMWW using 3 Peerless 850439 HDS woofers with CSX sandwich cones. Using two in parallel as the woofer with one as a dedicated mid made for a very compelling three way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	speakers for mom.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	1383769
          R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
          "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Thanks Pete. I'll give a 3 way a go.

Btw are those seas 27tbfv/g tweeters? Have you compared them with the fabric dome version. ? I noticed a certain harshness on guitars and trumpets that was softened with the 27tdfc fabric done

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bullet View Post
              Thanks Pete. I'll give a 3 way a go.

Btw are those seas 27tbfv/g tweeters? Have you compared them with the fabric dome version. ? I noticed a certain harshness on guitars and trumpets that was softened with the 27tdfc fabric done
              I used the TBFC/G. Really like them. I always found most silk domes a little too polite and losing some detail. But you should always go with what you prefer.
              R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
              "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Working...
              X