• Show
Clear All

• CSS drivers, now available at PE!

https://www.parts-express.com/brand/css/658

Cool!
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

What's the difference between CSS.LDW7 and the Wavecor WF182BD10? I'm not seeing it.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    Website

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Kudo's to Kerry and DanP, they be living the dream. Hope they do well and this should definitely help.

Comment

Originally posted by gowa View Post
          What's the difference between CSS.LDW7 and the Wavecor WF182BD10? I'm not seeing it.
          I think they changed the sticker on the side to say CSS . On the plus side, there's now a Wavecor driver you can buy at PE!

I hope that CSS will revive the SDX15.
          "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
          exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Nice! I was just Email'ind Dan a few weeks ago asking about the SDX subs for my project. Weird, if you go to the CSS website, now you need a password for the "guest" area.

Comment

Kerry and DanP are proud new owners ?
              donc

Comment

If that really is just a re-branded Wavecor, then you're looking at a very nice woofer. I got to play with a tower design using a pair of those woofers and was not disappointed in the least.
                R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Yes, the Wavecor drivers are very nice. Congrats to Kerry and Dan. I wonder how Meniscus feels about that though. They're supposed to be the Wavecor distributor. They don't carry much though. Only two tweeters on their site the last time I checked.
                  No matter where you go, there you are.
                  Website

Comment

The 7" midbass is not just a rebadge, but actually an adaptation of the Wavecor driver, and it is made by Wavecor.
                    Later,
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

The 22 mm tweeter is also made by Wavecore

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys! We're very excited to be working with PE now and hope this give a lot more people exposure to CSS products. We'll slowly be resurrecting select drivers and introducing new ones as things progress - hopefully you'll see those on the PE website as well.

Regarding the LDW7 and the LD22, both are made for us by Wavecor, but neither are simple rebadges, and as Pete mentioned, the quality and performance are really impressive. Build quality is impeccable and distortion very low, with smooth and extended FR curves. Kerry and I didn't know much about these drivers coming into this venture, but the previous owner did a great job working with Wavecor to bring these two outstanding drivers to market.

Then of course, there's the SDX10 and the SDX12 subwoofers with the XBL^2 motor topology. We were relatively familiar with these subs, but they are much more impressive than we had known. Dan Wiggins did a great job designing these subs. Again, crazy low distortion, but this time combined with prodigious output. Designed as pure subwoofers, but clean enough to be used as a woofer in a 3-way crossed below 500Hz for the SDX10 and probably 300Hz for the SDX12.

Dan
                        The Hurricanes
                        The Baronettes
                        Conneccentric
                        UX3

Comment

Great work guys!

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post

I think they changed the sticker on the side to say CSS . On the plus side, there's now a Wavecor driver you can buy at PE!

I hope that CSS will revive the SDX15.
                            Me too. I'd like to keep my current SDX15 for my infinite baffle build in my car and another one to use in the house
                            All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. All sales final.

Comment

No LD22C?

Comment

Working...
                              X