No announcement yet.

CSS drivers, now available at PE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Le for the LDW7 is off by a couple orders of magnitude.

Comment

Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
      No LD22C?
      No, we've decided to phase the "C" version out. With Meniscus and now PE carrying our drivers, and since the two faceplates measure almost identically, we decided there's not enough value in the option to stock both versions. We went with the "F" version because it will mate easier to a waveguide if folks want to go that route.

Dan
      The Hurricanes
      The Baronettes
      Conneccentric
      UX3

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ebert View Post
        I think the Le for the LDW7 is off by a couple orders of magnitude.
        Yes, good catch! That should be 0.17mH!
        The Hurricanes
        The Baronettes
        Conneccentric
        UX3

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post

I hope that CSS will revive the SDX15.
          This is on the table, but not in the forefront right now. We didn't get an SDX15 in the inventory transfer, so we can't test it to see how it performed. Furthermore, from what we can see online, it looks like the motor used is the same one used for the SDX10. This is a great motor, and more than enough for a high quality, high output 10". However, the SDX12 steps up to a next level motor (the SDX10 weighs 18lbs, the SDX12 weighs 46lbs!), so if we bring back the SDX15, it needs to have the monster SDX12 motor.

We had a prototype made with the old SDX15 basket and soft parts with the SDX12 motor, but the suspension couldn't keep up with the motor, so we did not move forward. We will eventually bring this monster back, but it will have to be designed from the ground up to handle the excursion this motor can provide like the SDX12 was.

Dan
          The Hurricanes
          The Baronettes
          Conneccentric
          UX3

Comment

Wow, absolutely excellent. Nice to see PE expanding offerings of unusual high end drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by DanP View Post

This is on the table, but not in the forefront right now. We didn't get an SDX15 in the inventory transfer, so we can't test it to see how it performed. Furthermore, from what we can see online, it looks like the motor used is the same one used for the SDX10. This is a great motor, and more than enough for a high quality, high output 10". However, the SDX12 steps up to a next level motor (the SDX10 weighs 18lbs, the SDX12 weighs 46lbs!), so if we bring back the SDX15, it needs to have the monster SDX12 motor.

We had a prototype made with the old SDX15 basket and soft parts with the SDX12 motor, but the suspension couldn't keep up with the motor, so we did not move forward. We will eventually bring this monster back, but it will have to be designed from the ground up to handle the excursion this motor can provide like the SDX12 was.

Dan
              Sent you a PM.
              All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. All sales final.

Comment

Hey Pete since you heard both the LDW7 and the anarchy 7 how do you think those compare?

Comment

I can't wait to get my hands on these!
                  Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DanP View Post

Dan
                    Please bring back the SDX15.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranis View Post
                      Hey Pete since you heard both the LDW7 and the anarchy 7 how do you think those compare?
                      It's been a while since I heard the Wavecor. And we used them in pairs as woofers crossed at 400Hz, not as midwoofers like I've been listening with the Anarchy. I don't think anything of similar size can touch the Anarchy for bass performance. But the Wavecor have excellent midrange performance to go along with their exemplary bass performance. And being a bit more sensitive, they offer more output over the Anarchy with limited power available.

I've used the smaller WF152, both paper and composite, and they are every bit the equal of Scan Revelators. If the genetics carries to the larger models then the CSS 7" will be punching well above its weight.
                      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

It has been a while since I have been excited about a new driver offering. I am excited! I am in the market replace my 10" HT sub and the SDX10 looks very good. i don't have a large room. How is the performance with lower power like the baton 230w rack amp? Also would the 2TD work as a center channel? I am thinking it might be a good time to try a new set up.
                        "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
                        The Roxster
                        Swopes 5.0
                        Acoustic Panels
                        Living Room Make Over

Comment

Cool that's exactly what I was hoping to hear, looking forward to see some people use these in future builds.

Comment

The return of the SDX7 Woofer would be nice. 11.1mm xmax (one way). And a dedicated mid to match would be sweet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SNC10601_op_800x605.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1384718

Comment

I'd rather see the VWR126X return myself.
                              "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
                              exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy View Post
                                It has been a while since I have been excited about a new driver offering. I am excited! I am in the market replace my 10" HT sub and the SDX10 looks very good. i don't have a large room. How is the performance with lower power like the baton 230w rack amp? Also would the 2TD work as a center channel? I am thinking it might be a good time to try a new set up.
                                The SDX10 is actually relatively efficient compared to many 10" subwoofers, so it will do better than most with a smaller amp. It does great in 1 cu ft sealed or 2 cu ft bass reflex. If you ever want more out of it down the road, you could bump up the amp power.

The 2TD makes a great center channel and was designed with this application in mind. There are inherent issues with a 7" MTM on its side, but these are all but eliminated by a low 1600Hz crossover frequency. The tonal balance is similar to the 1TD, so those can be used as mains with the 2TD for the center or you can stick with 2TDs for the mains for higher output capability.

Dan
                                The Hurricanes
                                The Baronettes
                                Conneccentric
                                UX3

Comment

Working...
                                X