Down firing or upfiring vs normal subwoofer orientation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down firing or upfiring vs normal subwoofer orientation

Are there any foreseeable issues with running a Dayton um18-22 downfield or upfired? I know it is a heavy cone and moving assembly. I just don't want to build a box that's going to destroy the subwoofer

https://www.parts-express.com/resour...-mount-up-down
    Francis

Comment

NO woofer prefers up or down firing (in the long run).

Comment

Well, that's true.
        Francis

Comment

You would think it would keep the cone and coil level and straight on the pole piece so less chance of rubbing.
          My Build Thread's
          Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Originally posted by Mike220 View Post
            You would think it would keep the cone and coil level and straight on the pole piece so less chance of rubbing.
            True, but the inevitable sag takes the coil away from the design center. The sag sometimes increases with time, too.
            Francis

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post

True, but the inevitable sag takes the coil away from the design center. The sag sometimes increases with time, too.
              Absolutely. I've stored unused woofers horizontally for extended periods of time, and yes the cones began to sag, noticeably. Flip them over every so often. LOL

Comment

I think you are getting way fewer views than you actually deserve. CCleanerHappy WheelsVLC
                Last edited by zoziano; 10-12-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X