No announcement yet.

Soundeasy Digital Filter Help, please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundeasy Digital Filter Help, please.

Perhaps I am being dense, but…

I am trying to emulate a two-way analog active crossover in SoundEasy. For stereo playback, I need 2 in 4 out, but can only get 1 in 2 out.

In other words, for example, I can get the left channel (CD player left output to soundcard left input) split into woofer and tweeter outputs to feed the amps and drivers but cannot get the right channel (CD player right output to soundcard right input) mapped to any soundcard outputs. Of course, I can swap the left/ right inputs, but then the situation is the same, only reversed.

One thing I noticed that’s odd is that my Digital Filter dialog box only has “stereo” selections (2x2, 2x3, etc) while the manual shows both stereo and mono options.

The Soundeasy manual strongly implies that DF stereo playback should be possible, but really doesn't speak to this as far as I can tell.

Anybody have suggestions? Google has failed me.

Thanks

Have you checked with the SE user group at Yahoo? Seems like there must be a simple solution. I don't use the emulator so don't have much else to offer.
    ~Brandon

Soma Sonus
    DriverVault

Comment

JRT

Thanks for the input.

I'm using a SE V22 and a Delta410 (PCI) and haven't been able to determine which driver type it uses, but I thing it's MME? Also, I'm not sure how to determine which "environment" I'm in despite some googling.

I considered the Ultimate EQ option, but I'm trying to fine tune an active analog design, which I will put on a PCB in a custom amp/ XO unit. If I understand correctly (always up for dispute!) Ultimate EQ won't allow me to do this.

I know that there's a decent SE user base on here and hope one of you fine folks has been through this and can help. dlr

If I don't get an answer/ figure it out here within the next couple of days, I will post a request to the SE board later. Soon, I will be away for a couple weeks, so I didn't want to start what amounts to a formal help request on the user group with bohdan until I have time to pursue the issue in "real time"

For obvious reasons, I'd love to listen to it before committing to buying parts and populating the SMD PCB. I realize the entire project is somewhat anachronistic, but I'm doing it as an exercise in design and PCB layout just for fun.

Comment

Hi Zach,

SE V22 came out in two versions. It is possible, you have V22 WASAPI version, while you need MME version for your card. Also, for Delta410 card you need Windows 7(maximum) or WinXP. I am not even sure, that there is Delta410 driver for Windows 7 - you'll need to check this. Please contact me directly with an email for MME version.

Best Regards,
        Bohdan

Comment

Originally posted by bohdan View Post
          Hi Zach,

SE V22 came out in two versions. It is possible, you have V22 WASAPI version, while you need MME version for your card. Also, for Delta410 card you need Windows 7(maximum) or WinXP. I am not even sure, that there is Delta410 driver for Windows 7 - you'll need to check this. Please contact me directly with an email for MME version.

Best Regards,
          Bohdan
          Thanks

I am using Windows 7, for which there is no official driver that I can find. So far, the latest Vista driver has been working for me. Here's hoping it continues to as I explore new (to me) features.

I will contact you soon for the MME

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by bohdan View Post
            SE V22 came out in two versions. It is possible, you have V22 WASAPI version, while you need MME version for your card. Also, for Delta410 card you need Windows 7(maximum) or WinXP. I am not even sure, that there is Delta410 driver for Windows 7 - you'll need to check this. Please contact me directly with an email for MME version.n
            I'm still using UE5 Lite with a Delta 410 in Windows 7. Like Zach, I think I had to use the Vista drivers.

dlr
            WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

With some clarification from Bohdan about what I should be seeing and after digging around in the Windows Sound settings some more, it seems that I found the problem.

Under Control Panel/ Hardware and Sound/ Sound/ Playback/ Multichannel (Maudio Delta 410)/ Properties/ Advanced, the soundcard was set to two channel, and needed to be switched to 10 channel.

I may not get a chance to actually hook up/ listen for a couple of weeks, but the Delta 410 Control Panel now shows activity on the VU meter for channels 3/4 while the DF is running, so I think it's all sorted out.

Thanks to all who gave input!

Comment

Working...
              X