Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Speaker Imaging test track?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant stand that Amused to death track ...for me its like bored to death regardless of the imaging. LMAO

Comment

Pearl Jam's "Ten" really surprised me when I heard it on a decent system. The production is really good and some tracks have a great sense of the recording space.
      Dominic Miller & Neil Stacey's "New Dawn" wraps you in a field of reverb. It's probably a reverb plugin, but it's nicely done.
      I'm not really a big Beck fan, but "Sea Change" has nice depth on many tracks.
      Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

This track has awesome imaging> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xql3...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
          Speakong of LMAO,. Imaging , really ?
          craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post

Speakong of LMAO,. Imaging , really ?
            Better then that amused to death crap. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
              Best cd I know of for this is rodger waters, amused to death. Recorded in q sound. If you have your speakers setup correct and a good front end it can be amazing
              Wow! Just listened to the first and second track. Pretty cool. Thanks for mentioning this album.
              Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Merlot
              Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000's,
              Scanspeak Revelator 15M/4531K00's, Dayton RSS265HF-4's,
              MiniDSP 2x8, class D amplification

Sennheiser HD650's

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tremblay View Post

Wow! Just listened to the first and second track. Pretty cool. Thanks for mentioning this album.
                Glad you enjoyed it. His latest cd is also very good from an engineering standpoint.
                craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Working...
                X