X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craigk
    replied
    Originally posted by augerpro View Post
    Stereophile magazine has some really excellent test cd's that can do that and a lot more.
    I have most of the stereophile test cds. They don't come close.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Millar
    replied
    Originally posted by Kornbread View Post
    I'll second Roger Waters Amused To Death. Probably ThE album to showcase imaging.

As far as singles; Madonna Vogue, Yosi Horikawa Bubbles, and Semisonic Feeling Strangely Fine California, where if everything is just exactly right, the train will cross behind the listener.
    I'll third Amused To Death, even though I don't like it that much as a record...

Depending on what you listen to, a really good classical concerto recording should place the instruments so that you can picture them on the stage: for example, Bach's Brandenburg Concertos by Trevor Pinnock. The concertos each feature different lead instruments which appear just where they should be. I have several recordings and that one's among the best performances, but it's by far the best sounding one.

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Kornbread
    replied
    I'll second Roger Waters Amused To Death. Probably ThE album to showcase imaging.

As far as singles; Madonna Vogue, Yosi Horikawa Bubbles, and Semisonic Feeling Strangely Fine California, where if everything is just exactly right, the train will cross behind the listener.

Leave a comment:

• Unbiasedsound
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocR8IaX6s8c

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Sting's release with "All This Time" (?) was also recorded in "Q-sound" (purty sure).

Leave a comment:

• augerpro
    replied
    Stereophile magazine has some really excellent test cd's that can do that and a lot more.

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied
    Best cd I know of for this is rodger waters, amused to death. Recorded in q sound. If you have your speakers setup correct and a good front end it can be amazing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X