Speaker Imaging test track?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scardeal
    started a topic Speaker Imaging test track?

Speaker Imaging test track?

I'm curious if anyone has run across a downloadable *stereo* audio or video file that tests the ability of a speaker to "image" sounds from different locations. Links?

• craigk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray Tremblay View Post

Wow! Just listened to the first and second track. Pretty cool. Thanks for mentioning this album.
    Glad you enjoyed it. His latest cd is also very good from an engineering standpoint.

Leave a comment:

• Ray Tremblay
    replied
    Originally posted by craigk View Post
    Best cd I know of for this is rodger waters, amused to death. Recorded in q sound. If you have your speakers setup correct and a good front end it can be amazing
    Wow! Just listened to the first and second track. Pretty cool. Thanks for mentioning this album.

Leave a comment:

• Unbiasedsound
    replied
    Originally posted by craigk View Post

Speakong of LMAO,. Imaging , really ?
    Better then that amused to death crap. LMAO

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied
    Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
    Speakong of LMAO,. Imaging , really ?

Leave a comment:

• Unbiasedsound
    replied
    This track has awesome imaging> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xql3...ature=youtu.be

Leave a comment:

• tom_s
    replied
    Pearl Jam's "Ten" really surprised me when I heard it on a decent system. The production is really good and some tracks have a great sense of the recording space.
    Dominic Miller & Neil Stacey's "New Dawn" wraps you in a field of reverb. It's probably a reverb plugin, but it's nicely done.
    I'm not really a big Beck fan, but "Sea Change" has nice depth on many tracks.

Leave a comment:

• Unbiasedsound
    replied
    I cant stand that Amused to death track ...for me its like bored to death regardless of the imaging. LMAO

Leave a comment:

• Kornbread
    replied
    Originally posted by ernperkins View Post
    Are there any particular tracks on "Amused To Death" that stand out for imaging? I also see there's a 2015 remastered version of it - any opinions of the original vs. the remastered one?
    You may, or may not, like the songs but the sonic mischievousness is scattered throughout the album.

I've never heard the remastered version.

Shoot me a pm

Leave a comment:

• ernperkins
    replied
    Are there any particular tracks on "Amused To Death" that stand out for imaging? I also see there's a 2015 remastered version of it - any opinions of the original vs. the remastered one?

Leave a comment:

• Unbiasedsound
    replied
    I also liked that Yosi Horikawa Bubble track it sounds AMAZING on my DML panels.

Leave a comment:

• a4eaudio
    replied
    Okay, that Yosi Horikawa Bubble track was pretty sweet. Not nearly as good a song, but the fact that he even has a song titled "Beer" makes me like him more.

Leave a comment:

• bwaslo
    replied
    Another one is Midori "Bonsai Garden". New-agey meditation music, but on a good imaging system does some pretty amazing spatial effect.

Leave a comment:

• ohaple
    replied
    Originally posted by Kornbread View Post
    I'll second Roger Waters Amused To Death. Probably ThE album to showcase imaging.

As far as singles; Madonna Vogue, Yosi Horikawa Bubbles, and Semisonic Feeling Strangely Fine California, where if everything is just exactly right, the train will cross behind the listener.
    This. The Yosi Horikawa tracks are always my go-to. Not just bubbles, but also Wandering. Bubbles focuses more on picking out where specific sounds are, while Wandering tends to be more of a full atmosphere. It sounds very immersive on a properly setup system, and sounds super boring on a system with poor imaging.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Best comment:

This isn't mixed very well for earbuds.

Taxman (Remastered 2009) - YouTube

Leave a comment:

Working...
X