X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolf View Post

Nice!
    Wolf

PS- Hong would likely prefer the band were they called 'Blue'.
    Nicely done.

If you have never seen Kutless live, find a way of seeing them.

We recently saw Seventh Day Slumber, they were great.

Red doesn't seem to tour the West Coast .....
    Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Saw Kutless once, decent show. Haven't been to a concert in a while...
      Wolf
      Last edited by Wolf; 09-03-2018, 04:10 PM. Reason: Autocorrect...
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Saw Kutless once, decent show. Haven't been to a concert in a while...
        Wolf
        I've seen them several times.

I saw them last at Biola University in 2007, it was my (now) wife and my third date,

I've see a lot of Christian bands live. Not on accident.

Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Alpha Blondy has an interesting take on a Led Zeppelin classic... pretty good if you love that classic reggae sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxYwlARAxwQ

Production/Mastering could have been a bit better though IMO, according to my usual REW RTA "review", but still well worth a listen IMO

Brian Steele
          www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post

I've seen them several times.

I saw them last at Biola University in 2007, it was my (now) wife and my third date,

I've see a lot of Christian bands live. Not on accident.
            I'm then in the same boat! TFK, Earthsuit, Skillet (likely about a dozen times), Channelsurfers, Living Sacrifice, Zao, As I Lay Dying, The Violet Burning, 38th Parallel, Benjamin Gate, Petra, Jonah33, Third Day, Fold Zandura, All Star United, Years of This Week, Kosmos Express, POD, Extol, Blindside, Project 86, Klank, Distraught, Ston Blu, Scumboy, Sixpence None the Richer, Saviour Machine, Miss Angie, Celldweller; I've seen concerts for all of the above, and I could go on and on... I went to Cornerstone fest 4 consecutive years, 1999-2002.

Later,
            Wolf
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

I'm then in the same boat! TFK, Earthsuit, Skillet (likely about a dozen times), Channelsurfers, Living Sacrifice, Zao, As I Lay Dying, The Violet Burning, 38th Parallel, Benjamin Gate, Petra, Jonah33, Third Day, Fold Zandura, All Star United, Years of This Week, Kosmos Express, POD, Extol, Blindside, Project 86, Klank, Distraught, Ston Blu, Scumboy, Sixpence None the Richer, Saviour Machine, Miss Angie, Celldweller; I've seen concerts for all of the above, and I could go on and on... I went to Cornerstone fest 4 consecutive years, 1999-2002.

Later,
              Wolf
              I am jealous that you've seen Zao. I got into them a little later in their career, but man, they were awesome. Skillet always put on a great live show, in my experience.

My morning commute was Thundercat- Uh Uh, Crown The Empire- Machines, The Black Keys- Tighten Up, Bloc Party- Helicopter, and Zomboy- Mind Control. Sometimes the shuffle on the phone works well. Today was one of those days so far.
              All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. All sales final.

Comment

I actually saw Zao twice, both at C-stone with Dan as he did have a lot of health problems, on the Self-titled (my favorite) and Parade of Chaos tours, I believe in 2001/2002. I never really got into Splinter... and Blood and Fire...

In the same vein, I've seen Norma Jean too, with Josh the original singer, but I never cared as much for them. Their first show at C-Stone he climbed the tent-pole in front of the stage, and had the mic inside his mouth as he was performing. Crazy crazy show...

I'm sure I could tell more stories...
                Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Marvellous album, but I can't say it's new listening as I've owned it since release. The CD re-issue has a great re-working of My Sweet Lord with Sam Brown on vocal as well as a new arrangement from George.

On the subject of the late great Mr Harrison, Ron Wood does a nice version of Far East Man, which he co-wrote with George. A live version with Slash and Andrea Corr is a heartfelt tribute.

Geoff

Comment

Tower Of Power - "On the Soul Side of Town", "So Very Hard to Go", "What Is Hip?"
                    from August 13, 2018

"Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                    “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

I liked Tower of Power and Alpha Blondy, not so much the video
                      John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Working...
                      X