Paul Kittinger article in AudioXpress magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Kittinger article in AudioXpress magazine

The Brioso, using a Scan-Speak Revelator midwoofer and a Transducer Labs Alumina ceramic dome tweeter in a floor-standing, mass-loaded transmission-line (ML-TL) enclosure. This project, by speaker builder Paul Kittinger, was awarded first place at the 2017 Midwest Audiofest (MWAF) event held by Parts Express.

http://www.audioxpress.com/news/it-s...ember-2018-now

No matter where you go, there you are.
    Website

Congrats Paul!
    The Hurricanes
    The Baronettes
    Conneccentric
    UX3

Comment

Well done Paul!
      "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Thanks, guys. AudioXpress asked PE for suggestions after MWAF 2017 on whom might be interested in writing an article and I was one of those suggested. When AX first asked me, I wasn't sure, but since I already had a really good basis for an article in my existing write-up, I decided, what the heck. I had to get a little help from Dan Neubecker to regenerate some of his graphs developed when he designed the crossover, but I didn't have to do much revision to what already existed and everything went smoothly. The last time I had an article on a speaker build published was in 2000 in Speaker Builder. Hardly an earth-shaking event but it's something to be a little proud of.
        Paul

Comment

Congrats Paul! I remember reading a few of those articles..... Good to see some more recent publication!

Comment

Congrats Paul....and Dan!

Comment

Thanks Jon (long time since seeing a post from you) and Marvin (Dan got "lots of kudos" in my article).
              Paul

Comment

Congratulations Paul and Dan!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                  Thanks, guys. AudioXpress asked PE for suggestions after MWAF 2017 on whom might be interested in writing an article...
                  What's the possibility of your article being put on-line?

"Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                  “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                  "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

I'm looking into doing just that. I don't know if I can based on my "contractual" agreement with AudioXpress when they accepted my submission for publication. I've sent an email to the associate editor that I worked with at AX to find out. AX obviously wants to sell magazines, either in hard copy or electronic form, but maybe after some time has passed I will be allowed to scan in a copy and post it.
                    Paul

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                    What's the possibility of your article being put on-line?

Comment

I had wondered why some articles got uploaded.
                      ( I use to subscribe, but frankly their attention to their subscriber base dropped substantially. )
                      "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                      “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                      "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

FWIW individual issues are $9 in the shop.
                        "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
                        exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Here's a link to the article link. Scroll down to see the link. Enjoy!
                          Curt Campbell became fascinated with the world of electronics and speaker building early in life and started building oddball projects with parts poached from other equipment.
                          "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Paul -

Beautiful design perfect writeup as usual.
                            It's great that you're getting some recognition.
                            You've done a lot of sims for a lot of people, including me.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                            "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                            SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                            My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Thanks, Don. When I started modeling TLs for others I sure wish I also started keeping a list of who and where because I've sure done a lot of them, mostly for people in the USA but also for quite a few in other countries. The best part of modeling for others is that I still get the enjoyment from doing it without it costing me a cent and almost always learn something in the process.
                              Paul

Originally posted by donradick View Post
                              Paul -

Beautiful design perfect writeup as usual.
                              It's great that you're getting some recognition.
                              You've done a lot of sims for a lot of people, including me.

Comment

Working...
                              X