X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveFred
    started a topic Building a solid cherry MTM

Building a solid cherry MTM

Here is a little photo essay of my latest build. An MTM with two Peerless HDS-P830869 woofers and a DX25BG60-04 tweeter. I wasn't sure if it was going to build an MTM or 2.5 TMM, I decided on an MTM.
    The raw Lumber Dovetail jig Blanks all glued up

• Carbon13
    replied
    Absolutely stunning! Lovely work!

Leave a comment:

• DaveFred
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Ebert View Post
    Looks great! So, the idea is that the baffle will expand and contract less because it's laminated from the narrow strips of cherry? Also, what is the thickness of the veneer for the back?
    The baffle is now effectively quartersawn the way it has been put back together, so it will still expand and contract, just less. It is the little bit of wiggle room the oversized holes the bolts are in that will allow the baffle to move a little bit between seasons that will hopefully prevent it from cracking during seasonal movement.

The veneer is 1/8" which is about as thick as you want for veneer over plywood.

David.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Ebert
    replied
    Looks great! So, the idea is that the baffle will expand and contract less because it's laminated from the narrow strips of cherry? Also, what is the thickness of the veneer for the back?

Leave a comment:

• neildavis
    replied
    Nice work. I like solid hardwood cabinets and cherry is an under-rated wood--good choice. The dovetails are very nice--I like the short/long pattern that goes with the cabinet dimensions.

Leave a comment:

• dynamo
    replied
    Wow, great work, those really look fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• bjaurelio
    replied
    These are some amazing cabinets. I've enjoyed following along with your Facebook posts. Great job and enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Millar
    replied
    Lovely looking speakers: especially well done routing the baffles without splintering the wood!

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    VERY nice (rich) looking.

Leave a comment:

• scottvalentin
    replied
    Wow excellent results, both woodworking and in measurements!! Great job!

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Beautiful Dave!

Leave a comment:

• DaveFred
    replied
    freq response left and right

Leave a comment:

• DaveFred
    replied

Leave a comment: