Siegfried Linkwitz died today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siegfried Linkwitz died today

Apparently cancer took his life today, September 11, 2018.

Another giant gone.
    Bill Schneider
    -+-+-+-+-
    www.afterness.com/audio

One of the industries 'building blocks'. He was a giant.

Comment

RIP Mr Linkwitz
      https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

I am deeply saddened by this news.

My sincerest condolences to his family, and to his many friends.
        Last edited by JRT; 09-12-2018, 01:57 AM.
        "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
        of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
        - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
        A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
        (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

He was a special guest at the very first DIY event I attended at Mark Krawiec's home in Sacramento, CA in 2003.
          Paul

Comment

My deepest and sincerest condolences. He will be missed. A true innovator and generous man.

R.I.P SL.

John k...
            John k.... Music and Design NaO dsp Dipole Loudspeakers.

Comment

Yes, very generous of his time. Thank you SL, RIP.
              John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Very sad news. He gave us all a generous gift and his legacy will live on in so many of our speaker designs.
                Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

Oh that is sad indeed. I always enjoyed reading his articles. He seemed like such a happy and giving man. A huge audio and speaker building pioneer. Definitely a 'one in a million' kind of guy.

Comment

Sad news indeed, but some news of his condition had been written at DIYaudio.com several weeks ago, and on SL's web site. Prostate cancer. I spoke with him several times at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. A true and complete gentleman, world class speaker creator, and extremely generous of his time and work. RIP. Stereophile had a video interview with SL from his bedside a few weeks ago on their web page. Positive and sharing until the end.

Comment

In my short time knowing of him, what I've read shows amazing intellect and eagerness to share.

RIP
                      Last edited by Thump; 09-12-2018, 04:31 AM.
                      Why you long winded, thick headed, stubborn son of a ... oh, wait, that's me. Carry on!

Comment

And another audio-giant passes. He will be greatly missed. I recall conversing briefly with him back on the old BBS Mad-board, he was posting as "SL", and how he and others were trying to correct the error in vasyachkin's thinking. A very generous person he was.

RIP, SL!
                        Wolf
                        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Truly a great human being in all aspects. His site is one of the best technical reference sites around as he shared everything. Just watched this interview yesterday that was given from his bed. I love the part where he dismisses the ultra high-end niche of the audio market.

"Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Very sad to hear this. S.L. set the example for how a DIY hobbyist should conduct themself - extremely generous with his time, open to discussion. He published so much and offered so much wisdom to us, on his own website, not hidden in old forum posts. A true friend to all of us, and an example of how we can keep this hobby, and the music, alive.

When I have a few designs under my belt I'll publish them in a website like SL with a few articles perhaps aimed at beginners. I was once a know-nothing, and people like Siegfried helped turn me into a know-very-little.

Comment

I called Charlie Laub a while back, inquiring of Siegfried, but Charlie couldn't tell me much about his condition. Anyway, I met and talked with Mr. Linkwitz several times, at our NorCal DIYs, I'd call him 'Siggy' which he hated. LOL Goodbye Mr. Linkwitz, we miss you.

Comment

Working...
                              X