No announcement yet.

Siegfried Linkwitz died today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very kind generous person, who never stopped learning or teaching.

Comment

Can’t really add much to what’s already been said, sad day, RIP SL.
      A mains
      The Ventures
      Open Invit8tions
      RSR
      Sound Troopers
      Acorns
      DGBG's
      The Monuments

Comment

I don’t even have the words. I have followed his work since the 70s. His enthusiasm was boundless and he will be missed for his personality as much as his intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
          ... he was posting as "SL", and how he and others were trying to correct the error in vasyachkin's thinking.

RIP, SL!
          Wolf
          I recall many times, that many people were going at it with Vas. Funny stuff.

Comment

"What is important to the eye is not necessarily important to the ear. Why should it be?"

RIP, Mr. Linkwitz. Thank you for your contribution and education in the art and science of audio reproduction.

Duc

Comment

The man behind one of the more often visited sites, having this hobby, is gone. I don’t know how many hundred times I found valuable info and inspiration there.

Even not knowing him personally, one could feel profoud generosity and warmth just by reading him. RIP Siegfried.
              Perry Mason talking to his dentist:

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

Comment

On a lighter note, I really hope Michael Fremer doesn't try to interview me on my deathbed.

Comment

Yes, I was surprised Siegfried agreed to that. Even on his deathbed Siegfried managed to get in a few good zingers in toward Michael and AnalogPlanet
                  "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

I was informed that Mr. Linkwitz cancer had metasized to his brain so maybe his judgement about doing an interview was a bit compromised. On the other hand. how many of us will be passionate about the things that brought us joy, while on our deathbed. He was still sharp, funny, and passionate. It was a little awkward but I am greatful to see that one last visit.

Comment

I am 6 years younger than him and I guess I better get my prostate checked again. Great man!
                      I was tired and got tired again so now I am Re tired.

Comment

:(

I only met him at SF, as he was packing his speakers.
                        Me ."I heard your speakers sound great."
                        Him. "young man. You missed it. They sound even better than that (chuckles)."

Comment

Working...
                        X