Clear All

• Audiophile humor for today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cant hear me.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	1387953

LOL.

Reminds me of the Charles Rodrigues cartoons in Stereo Review back in the day. I always wanted to get a copy of his book, 'Total Harmonic Distortion'.

Also reminds me of the reflection off the headrest of high-back chairs, especially if they are leather. Much more of an effect on frequency response, imaging, etc. than cables, IMHO.

Comment

Guy walks into a audio store and says where are all the speakers and the sales man replies people don't buy speakers based on how they sound anymore they buy them based on there specs. LMAO

P.S. this joke will probably get some people riled up like you know who. SMDH LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
        Guy walks into a audio store and says...
        There is a real brick and mortar retail establishment selling HiFi gear near you?

If so, that seems very quaint.

Here in western Massachusetts those HiFi retail stores are as common as live dinosaurs.
        "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
        of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
        - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
        A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
        (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

Lol, a weekly humor thread would be nice.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQqWSnsHoA

Here's a Youtube link to the British comedy show 'Not the Nine O'clock News': a man goes into a hi fi shop and tries to buy something without being patronised, etc .

One of my favourite sketches

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post

There is a real brick and mortar retail establishment selling HiFi gear near you?

Here in western Massachusetts those HiFi retail stores are as common as live dinosaurs.
              There use to be around 6 hi fi retail establishments in the 80's-2000 as years pass it got fewer and fewer....today there is only 2 that I know about with one of them being B&O....other then that there is Best Buys magnolia room.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Millar View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQqWSnsHoA

Here's a Youtube link to the British comedy show 'Not the Nine O'clock News': a man goes into a hi fi shop and tries to buy something without being patronised, etc .

One of my favourite sketches

Geoff
                Man... Mr. Bean before he was Mr. Bean!

I hope we never make people feel like that around here.

TomZ
                *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post

Man... Mr. Bean before he was Mr. Bean!

I hope we never make people feel like that around here.

TomZ
                  Glad you liked it: obviously rather old but still funny! I love the bit 'what sort of output do you want? Medium! No, no clues! Brilliant

I've had that 'grandad' attitude many times:

asking whether a new car comes with a proper spare tyre

trying to buy a battery for a mobile phone which is over two years old (that's a museum piece, mate)

asking whether a camera shop sells Kodachrome

etc etc....

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post

I know Spearit Sound in Noho is gone, but Safe & Sound in Chicopee seems to have a couple of their people and is now the official NAD "B-Stock" (factory refurbished) dealer as Spearit Sound used to be.

Comment

Seems folks with hobbies and stacks of cash (or debt) will always find eager salesman ready to purge the wallet pronto. Solid high quality proper AWG cables made with good purity materials have been enough criteria for me.

The line where "difference" vs "snake oil" crosses appears directly proportional to the amount of money on hand, willingness to part with it and if someone is trying to "impress or 1-up" someone else.

Just another influx of cash into the economy, whether it makes any damn sense or not I reckon.
                      Why you long winded, thick headed, stubborn son of a ... oh, wait, that's me. Carry on!

Comment

Something I used to love because of its sarcastic humor, was Frank Van Alstine's "Audio Basics" publication, which ran from 1982-1994. He debunked many sorts of audio myths with solid engineering commentary. (If you don't know he was a Dynaco engineer back in the day, then formed his own electronics company which is still in business, AVAhifi).
                        I just looked at AVAhifi.com, and you can download the entire run of Audio Basics as a pdf for free. Great stuff that regularly cracked me up.

Comment

Originally posted by KenM10759 View Post
                          I know Spearit Sound in Noho is gone, but Safe & Sound in Chicopee seems to have a couple of their people and is now the official NAD "B-Stock" (factory refurbished) dealer as Spearit Sound used to be.
                          Thank you for posting that. Very good to know.
                          "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
                          of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
                          - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
                          A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
                          (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

Not humor. But it is a remaining Audiophile store. Portland Oregon. It was the true start of my audio addiction.

Comment

Working...
                            X