No announcement yet.

Audiophile humor for today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite store to visit is 50 miles away, but well-worth the trip. No attitudes, no push, plenty of good solid help when you ask for it. And I need lots of "therapy."

Comment

It seems like most of the remaining hifi shops around here became more A/V installers that install home theaters and whole-home audio systems and phones, etc.

I don't hear good things about most of them. They tend to go through technologies (like streaming) fairly quickly and saddle people with dinosaurs routinely.

And I've been shocked to see what people pay to get something like a Sonos system installed in their house.

Comment

Though the humour may be oblique - I found the comments hilarious
        A friend posted this on FB a while back and I had a real hard time convincing him that ( though a woofer was involved ), it wasn't really an Unbelievable Sound Test experiment.
        It was more about capture rate aliasing.
        "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
        “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
        "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

^ Mythbusters would enjoy that one - too bad original crew never played with it. Maybe the new guys might dip in it some time. I do recall original show covering the "backwards flow" illusion which was fun and simple.
          Feel free to rip my assumptions apart when wrong, or fix if close.

Passive Radiators:
          All PR(s) Vd must at-least double all woofer(s) Vd. Calc = Sd x Xmax to get Vd for all PR(s) and all woofer(s). If all PR(s) Vd at-least double all woofer(s) Vd they'll work.
          For woofer(s) with large Xmax vs Sd, all PR(s) with Xmax at-least double all woofer(s) Xmax will work.
          A PR max weight is said to be its Mms x3

PR Systems - tight focus with key parameters.
          PR Speaker Design - thorough coverage.

Comment

In this time of great confusion, there is a need for mythbusters.
            Somehow an Internet version of a study on Hummingbirds has some believing they can fly at 450mph!
            "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
            “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
            "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

I always wanted to get a copy of his book, 'Total Harmonic Distortion'
              I got a copy of it when it first came out...used to read it whenever I needed an improvement in my attitude.

Comment

Working...
              X