Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Audiophile humor for today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbiasedsound
    replied
    Originally posted by JRT View Post

There is a real brick and mortar retail establishment selling HiFi gear near you?

If so, that seems very quaint.

Here in western Massachusetts those HiFi retail stores are as common as live dinosaurs.
    There use to be around 6 hi fi retail establishments in the 80's-2000 as years pass it got fewer and fewer....today there is only 2 that I know about with one of them being B&O....other then that there is Best Buys magnolia room.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Millar
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQqWSnsHoA

Here's a Youtube link to the British comedy show 'Not the Nine O'clock News': a man goes into a hi fi shop and tries to buy something without being patronised, etc .

One of my favourite sketches

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied
    Lol, a weekly humor thread would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• JRT
    replied
    Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
    Guy walks into a audio store and says...
    There is a real brick and mortar retail establishment selling HiFi gear near you?

If so, that seems very quaint.

Here in western Massachusetts those HiFi retail stores are as common as live dinosaurs.

Leave a comment:

• Unbiasedsound
    replied
    Guy walks into a audio store and says where are all the speakers and the sales man replies people don't buy speakers based on how they sound anymore they buy them based on there specs. LMAO

P.S. this joke will probably get some people riled up like you know who. SMDH LMAO

Leave a comment:

• wavefunction
    replied
    LOL.

Reminds me of the Charles Rodrigues cartoons in Stereo Review back in the day. I always wanted to get a copy of his book, 'Total Harmonic Distortion'.

Also reminds me of the reflection off the headrest of high-back chairs, especially if they are leather. Much more of an effect on frequency response, imaging, etc. than cables, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X