DIYNE - Oct. 20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIYNE - Oct. 20

I'm gauging interest in DIYNE this year. I had to forego it last year, but am planning on it now. Saturday the 20th is the only good date for me as I don't want to go into November. That gives one month to plan for those who would like to attend. Please send me a PM if you think that you may.

dlr

p.s. I should have made it clear that this is DIY New England. I forget that there will be those who are not familiar with it, especially since I did not hold it last year. FYI, it's open to all. I'll put up a page with a few details soon. Little will change from previous years.

DIY New England
    Last edited by dlr; 09-22-2018, 01:22 PM.
    WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

You're up against DIY Iowa on that date. There are about 25 people signed up for that already. (Hint: Road Trip!)

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
      You're up against DIY Iowa on that date. There are about 25 people signed up for that already. (Hint: Road Trip!)
      I have a feeling that there won't be many who feel conflicted as to which one to attend!

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

This could be pretty cool - dualing DIY!
        Last edited by johnnyrichards; 09-22-2018, 03:12 PM. Reason: Phones are dumb
        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Where would this be held?

Comment

Originally posted by skatz View Post
            Where would this be held?
            Sorry, I missed this. I have not yet updated the site for this year, but the info is basically the same. The link again is:

DIY New England

Directions are there.

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

I will be in Boston that weekend, but no car and tied up until about 5 PM I imagine. How late do these usually run? (I will be in Copley Square area for mtg., Seaport district for hotel).

Comment

People start leaving sometimes by 3 pm. Some stay a good bit later and I'm willing to host while anyone wants to stay. I've had a couple of times with a couple here until 8 pm, but most with big systems leave earlier, largely due to drive to home, I think.

You're welcome to come by late if you wish. I may have moved my system back downstairs where I have a number of other older 2-ways. We can listen or discuss things there. At minimum my 3-way dipole system will be available. When you're in Boston, send me a PM and I'll send you my cell number so that I can keep you up-to-date on the day.

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

OK will try to do that. I am now suspecting that they have mtgs planned Saturday evening as well. I have been to this many times, but this year the format has been altered.

Comment

Rechecked the agenda, and it goes to 7:30 Saturday evening, so I don't think I'll be able to come. Thanks for your offer though.

Comment

Any more interested? There hasn't been much response.

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Originally posted by dlr View Post
                        Any more interested? There hasn't been much response.

dlr
                        I'm interested.

I've got a second hand Dennis Murphy MBOW1 3-way too.

It's kinda big to be dragging around but I really do want to see how it stands up against other designs.

Let's get it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex2507 View Post

I'm interested.

I've got a second hand Dennis Murphy MBOW1 3-way too.

It's kinda big to be dragging around but I really do want to see how it stands up against other designs.

Let's get it on.
                          I hope to see you here. I don't recall having had the opportunity to hear that design of his.

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Originally posted by dlr View Post
                            I hope to see you here. I don't recall having had the opportunity to hear that design of his.

dlr
                            Oh good! I was wanting to re-do some stuff on them anyway.

This is the perfect opportunity for me to remove them from their system and get them into a shop for a face lift.

Just a heads up: my girlfriend is not going to be able to attend this year either.

Comment

I've updated the DIYNE 2018 page.

DIY New England 2018

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Working...
                              X