My Wilson inspired Home Theater

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Wilson inspired Home Theater

Mains are my Murphy watts, Focal TLR and 7" Rev with 15"UM subs. Center is SS illuminator RR with 2- SS special edition 5.5".Surrounds are SS special edition and Focal TC90

Center measurement

Comment

Murphy Watt

Comment

Surround (scale is a little large)

Comment

That is impressive!

Comment

Very cool, slick. Did you fabricate everything? Regarding the speakers and XO, how long did the entire project take from scratch to what we see ?
            Feel free to rip my assumptions apart when wrong, or fix if close.

Passive Radiators:
            All PR(s) Vd must be at-least double all woofer(s) Vd. Calc = Sd x Xmax to get Vd for all PR(s) and all woofer(s). A combined PR(s) Vd equal or > than a combined woofer(s) Vd is usable.
            Woofer(s) with large Xmax vs Sd, all PR(s) with Xmax at-least double all woofer(s) Xmax is usable.
            A PR max weight is said to be its Mms x3

PR Systems - tight focus with key parameters.
            PR Speaker Design - thorough coverage.

Comment

Thanks. Yes for the most part. The Murphy watts I had made out of Corian and Dennis Murphy did the crossover. The rest I did from scratch.
              The subs are constructed like the old Magico speakers with the exception of an mdf baffle vrs aluminum. It makes a very stiff box.

Comment

Well it's a damn fine job it really does look like a pro set up, end to end.

I love this board; there's just so much inspiration to be found. It's helping me continue the tedious design work to retro-fit L/C boxes that are already affixed (except removable baffle) and discovering I'm short 0.41cf on bass chamber. I finally went back and meticulously modeled internal volume based on final reality and sure enough... I'm short, which is likely why the bass is NOT what it should be.

Anyway it's projects like yours and so many others I've seen that give me another jolt in the pants to buckle down and push forward to figure out some options.
                Feel free to rip my assumptions apart when wrong, or fix if close.

Passive Radiators:
                All PR(s) Vd must be at-least double all woofer(s) Vd. Calc = Sd x Xmax to get Vd for all PR(s) and all woofer(s). A combined PR(s) Vd equal or > than a combined woofer(s) Vd is usable.
                Woofer(s) with large Xmax vs Sd, all PR(s) with Xmax at-least double all woofer(s) Xmax is usable.
                A PR max weight is said to be its Mms x3

PR Systems - tight focus with key parameters.
                PR Speaker Design - thorough coverage.

Comment

Great work, John! I always like seeing what you build.
                  Later,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Thanks guys. I always liked seeing your stuff too Ben. If you remember that monstrosity I brought to Iowa when Dennis was there. It's come a log way .I'll post some pics when I get it all set up.

Comment

Yeah- those were interesting. Electrostat tweeters, etc...
                      Woulda been 2007 or 2008 IIRC, and I think it was 2008.

Later,
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
                      X