Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Opinions on JBL 2-way 8" in-wall deal ($99 for pair, shipped)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on JBL 2-way 8" in-wall deal ($99 for pair, shipped)

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've posted but I always get good advice here, so here goes-

I've been considering in-wall speakers for the living room, for music, and just saw a deal come up for a pair of 2-way 8" JBLs, only $99 shipped, which seems like a really good price.
    Here's a link to the deal: https://www.jbl.com/loudspeakers/SP8II_.html

They are also selling the 6" model for $69, but I would prefer the larger woofer and slightly better specs- (F10 of 30 vs. 38Hz, and 89 vs. 88 dB sensitivity).

Are there any other options I should consider before pulling the trigger on this?

I have a pair of Polk 35B speakers (not JBL) that I had previously mounted on the wall, but the SAF on the in-walls is much higher
    Last edited by mikebw; 10-12-2018, 08:55 AM.

They can be great, but placement is more critical when you cannot move them .
    Be patient, hang them in various places and listen a week or two then try another set of spots, you don't want to go in the walls again after running wires, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X