Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Product Announcement from Dayton Audio

**COMING SOON**

Bass Shaker Installs Have Never Been Easier with the New BSA-200 Amp from Dayton Audio!

The Dayton Audio BSA-200 high power bass shaker amplifier is designed and built specifically to power tactile transducers but works equally as well as a dedicated subwoofer amplifier. Its small form factor makes it perfect for tight spaces, while the included brackets allow for vertical or horizontal mounting. The frequency and balance knobs let you dial in the desired crossover point and output, giving you total control over your set-up.

The Dayton Audio BSA-200 is rated at 110 watts RMS per channel into 2 ohms. In bridged mono mode, both amplifier channels are combined for high-power monaural output. The amplifier is rated at 230 watts RMS into a single 4 ohm load when bridged.

Click here for more details…
    http://www.daytonaudio.com/index.php...th-remote.html

Cool!
    Class AB or D? I'm betting AB due to power consumption.
    I also see the terminals rated for 4 ohms on the rear panel. Is that a misprint?

Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

That list price is pretty high though as you can buy a 300 watt sub plate amp in the $150 price range.

Comment

The list price of the Bash 300S is $299 while the "Your Price" is $155.
        The list price of the Dayon SPA250 is $199 while the "Your Price" is $140.

Comment

Three sub amp models with close to out put power of the BSA-200
          SPA250 list is $199
          Yung 300 watt list $229
          Yung 200 watt list $199

Except for the Bash the other sub amps list price is cheaper then the BSA-200 listed @ $252

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
            Three sub amp models with close to out put power of the BSA-200
            SPA250 list is $199
            Yung 300 watt list $229
            Yung 200 watt list $199

Except for the Bash the other sub amps list price is cheaper then the BSA-200 listed @ $252
            I see your point, but the nice case, 5v output, and wired remote has to be worth something...
            Plus...this would have to be a lot easier to mount/place than a plate amp in many situations... and 2 ohm stability adds some flexibility too.

It's good to have choices, we've got a whole lot of them it seems!

TomZ
            *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
            *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

There is a steady stream of cool stuff like this these days. This can do what car amps do in some of my projects, and you can just plug it in. I'm tired of screwing around with power supplies, old Xbox bricks, and so on. Pretty neat. If a plate amp is more suitable, then use a plate amp. Like Tom says, options are good!

Comment

Lets compare the Dayton SPA250 to the Dayton BSA-200 since they are both Dayton products.
                1. price $139.00 vs $189.00
                2. watts 250 watts 4ohms vs 230watts 4ohms.
                3. Adjustable low pass 40-180 vs 50-200
                4. Bass boost vs none.
                5. Phase switch vs none.

Easier to mount or place sure depending on ones preference as most prefer that clean look of mounting a sub plate amp usually in the back of the sub so its not visible with less component clutter....unless using open baffle subs or bass shakers since there is no where to mount a plate amp I can see the need for a chassis sub amp as a option.

The advantage the BSA-200 has is the 2ohm load in which most times its not needed and a remote that's usually not needed. Also it looks like you will need some type of flat head tool to adjust the low pass crossover manually on the BSA-200 if this feature is not on the remote ....if I am not mistaken it seems like the remote only controls volume.

When it all comes down to it majority of people favor the cost factor if every thing else is pretty close and have no need for extra options like 2ohm loads or a remote.
                Last edited by Unbiasedsound; 10-13-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Dude, it's like you know, stereo. That makes it special. You can like you know, hook up stereo subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
                    ....unless using ... bass shakers since there is no where to mount a plate amp I can see the need for a chassis sub amp as a option.
                    From Product description:The Dayton Audio BSA-200 high power bass shaker amplifier is designed and built specifically to power tactile transducers...

Comment

Originally posted by a4eaudio View Post

From Product description:The Dayton Audio BSA-200 high power bass shaker amplifier is designed and built specifically to power tactile transducers...
                      And before the BSA-200, this was available> https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...ndle--300-9000

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                        Dude, it's like you know, stereo. That makes it special. You can like you know, hook up stereo subs.
                        Dudette like U know for $189 you can buy 2 Dayton SA100 for the almost the same price and watts as the BSA-200 for like U know stereo subs SIGH. U must be special with your wall of sound. LMAO

Comment

Why is there saliva on the inside of my screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Liberator of Magic Smoke View Post
                            Why is there saliva on the inside of my screen?
                            Was Jimmy Swaggart in there recently?
                            Feel free to rip my assumptions apart when wrong, or fix if close.

Passive Radiators:
                            All PR(s) Vd must be at-least double all woofer(s) Vd. Calc = Sd x Xmax to get Vd for all PR(s) and all woofer(s). A combined PR(s) Vd equal or > than a combined woofer(s) Vd is usable.
                            Woofer(s) with large Xmax vs Sd, all PR(s) with Xmax at-least double all woofer(s) Xmax is usable.
                            A PR max weight is said to be its Mms x3

PR Systems - tight focus with key parameters.
                            PR Speaker Design - thorough coverage.

Comment

Working...
                            X