Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

OT : Good small LED flashlight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT : Good small LED flashlight?

I need a small LED flashlight available online. Any really good ones?

How small? I really like the NEBO, a search will find it.
    Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I would recommend the Olight S1 Baton. There are a few versions from 500 to 1000 lumens... $45 to $65 ish.
      Cheaper would be the Olight i3t ESO which uses a regular AAA battery with low and high settings.... around $20...tiny but bright. I use mine daily and love it.
      TomZ
      *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
      *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Tom Z. (Mr Flashlight) has good recommendations...
        John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

AA cell or rechargeable 18650 or 123?

These are a Fenix E15 and a Klarus XT2C rechargeable, both very nice. Streamlight makes nice AA LED lights that are tough and guaranteed for life.

Streamlight ProTac 1L 1AA Tactical Flashlight|Duel Fuel

How much of a flashlight geek do you wanna be? I buy all my stuff here.

Batteries, Chargers, LED Flashlights, and More!

Comment

Craftsman makes a good one. It has a magnifying lens. Sells for about $19.99

Comment

What kind of battery do you intend on using? What kind of output are you looking for? Flood or thrower beam?
              Flashlights are one of my hobbies. I have a couple of flashlights from Nitecore, 4Sevens and Sunwayman and just recently got a cheap Jaxman. My everyday cary flashlight was a Nightcore D11 for nearly 10 years, out of all my lights it got the most use by far despite having the lowest at output 145 lumens max. Recently I replaced it with the Jaxman E3 high CRI 4000K (warmer color) Nichia LED and I am truly impressed by both the build quality and quality of the light output (it makes all my other lights look ugly by comparison, running a 6000K light next to this there's a huge difference. The E3 puts out 160 lumens, great run time out of a single rechargeable AA, not to mention it's the cheapest light I own.
              Jaxman also has other lights which uses 18650 batteries, some of which runs triple LEDS.
              Now if you want high output in a small body I recommend the Emisar D4, it's a single 18650 battery, quad LED light, there's multiple choices of LED's (I strongly recommend Nichia), and it has a great UI. There's some reviewers who tested output at over 3400 lumens, that's insane output for a light of this size and this light only costs between $40 and $58 depending on LED choice.
              Last edited by 300Z; 10-15-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johngalt47 View Post
                There are so many great LED flashlights, take your pick.
                I bought a couple of flashlights from WOOT, they look almost exactly like the Atomic Beam flashlights you see advertised on TV.
                Last edited by AEIOU; 10-15-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I have been buying Fenix flashlight for a while now. Always liked what I bought.
                  I have a couple of their bike lights also. Good product for me.

Last edited by Mike Burke; 10-15-2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Might want to watch posting links that compete with PE's in stock flashlights. That is against the terms and conditions. That's why I did not post links to the NEBO Cryket (sorry, I forgot the model before) I recommended. The NEBO Cryket is a 3-AAA unit, has spot and flood functions as well as a red LED function for safety or night viewing. It also has a magnetic base, and twist-head for angle setting from straight to right angle. 250 Lumen spot, 240 Lumen flood, and 15 lumen red light.

I really like this thing!!
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

In my move back to Texas, I put everything in storage in Kentucky except what I could put in my SUV. Unfortunately, in my rush, I forgot to bring some essential items like my nice little tactical flashlight. I don't remember anything about its size, battery(ies), etc so I can't provide much information about it. One thing I do know is that I don't ever remember replacing the battery or recharging it! Of course, I didn't use it very often either.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Based on your last post, I recommend Streamlight, AA powered. Sounds like you aren't real gung ho on li on batteries and chargers, etc. I used Streamlight for years as a mechanic, it's what was on the tool trucks. The local cop shop sold them too and would fix any Streamlight no questions. Free. Not as bright as a 18650 rechargeable, but less fuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                          Might want to watch posting links that compete with PE's in stock flashlights. That is against the terms and conditions. That's why I did not post links to the NEBO Cryket (sorry, I forgot the model before) I recommended. The NEBO Cryket is a 3-AAA unit, has spot and flood functions as well as a red LED function for safety or night viewing. It also has a magnetic base, and twist-head for angle setting from straight to right angle. 250 Lumen spot, 240 Lumen flood, and 15 lumen red light.

Wolf
                          Sorry about that, I didn't know PE sells flashlights too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post

Wolf
                            I bought a small NEBO at Batteries+ It was a good flashlight, but the rubber weather seal covering the On/Off button came off and I couldn't get it back on permanently no matter how much I fiddled with it.
                            Last edited by AEIOU; 10-16-2018, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johngalt47 View Post
                              I have three of the original MINI-MAGLITEs, two of which I converted to LED. They also come that way now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FL063_500_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1390591

Comment

Working...
                              X