No announcement yet.

OT : Good small LED flashlight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have several of these and like them, plenty bright for my needs. I think the lumen ratings of flashlights are pretty suspect, I don't think there is any kind of standardization, and claims are all over the map.
    https://www.parts-express.com/lavolt...arger--361-654

Comment

The Mini Mag is certainly a classic design updated to LEDs, but I always found the twist on operation annoying. Takes two hands, at least for me. I had several, switched to button operated lights.

Comment

Originally posted by skatz View Post
        I have several of these and like them, plenty bright for my needs. I think the lumen ratings of flashlights are pretty suspect, I don't think there is any kind of standardization, and claims are all over the map.
        https://www.parts-express.com/lavolt...arger--361-654
        That is actually a pretty good price, since they even give you the rechargeable battery with the charger. There are a whole bunch of that same type of flashlight out there, almost like they are all made by the same company, but branded differently. I bought on of those Atomic Beam flashlights from a local store and then later bought a two pack of almost identical flashlights from the internet at an even better price. All the flashlights looked virtually identical.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
          The Mini Mag is certainly a classic design updated to LEDs, but I always found the twist on operation annoying. Takes two hands, at least for me. I had several, switched to button operated lights.
          I bought the Nite Ize LED conversion kit, the one that includes an On/Off button.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LUC2-07_Feature_00_l.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.9 KB ID:	1390607

Comment

I bought one of these and I cannot believe how fricken bright it is, it throws out an incredible amount of light! It only cost something like $7 or $8.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	81A6XKMXC0L._SX569_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1390614

Comment

Awesome, my Mini Mag info is outdated. Like me.

Comment

Originally posted by AEIOU View Post

That is actually a pretty good price, since they even give you the rechargeable battery with the charger. There are a whole bunch of that same type of flashlight out there, almost like they are all made by the same company, but branded differently. I bought on of those Atomic Beam flashlights from a local store and then later bought a two pack of almost identical flashlights from the internet at an even better price. All the flashlights looked virtually identical.
                I've not done a lot of comparisons, but I have purchased some similar lights that had nearly the same specs, and the Lavolta was way better, like orders of magnitude better.

Comment

Originally posted by johngalt47 View Post
                  I need a small LED flashlight available online. Any really good ones?
                  How small? I have two of these, they are quite bright for their size. Photon Micro Light.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	microlight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1390715

Comment

I'll throw this out there as no one has mentioned them, I am very fond of head worn flashlights (headlights) I have many but my new favorite is the reasonably priced energizer hardcase, 4 light modes, 2 spot, 2 floods 4 aa batteries worn on rear headstrap, puts the light right where you need it handsfree. Oh yeah its LED,bulbs are a thing of the past in my opinion

Comment

My two favorites are the Thrunite Ti3 and the Maratac AAA. I have carried one or the other of these in my pocket daily for the last 3 years. They have multiple modes, get surprisingly bright, run on standard batteries, and have good battery life. The Maratac is nicer, but costs quite a bit more. I wear a shirt and tie or suit every day so it is important for the flashlight to be very low profile, which these both are.

I also have the maglite conversion kit, but find it too large for my uses.

Comment

I've also had various Thrunites (Ti, Ti2, Ti3, T01) over the last ~6 years. The only reason I've had to buy that many is because I've lost or given them away. Fenix E01 is a good choice, too, if you don't need the extra brightness—extremely durable and excellent battery life.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                          Might want to watch posting links that compete with PE's in stock flashlights. That is against the terms and conditions. That's why I did not post links to the NEBO Cryket (sorry, I forgot the model before) I recommended. The NEBO Cryket is a 3-AAA unit, has spot and flood functions as well as a red LED function for safety or night viewing. It also has a magnetic base, and twist-head for angle setting from straight to right angle. 250 Lumen spot, 240 Lumen flood, and 15 lumen red light.

I really like this thing!!
                          Wolf
                          I bought the Cryket and really like it.
                          Thanks!

Comment

My favorite is the 4sevens mini aa.
                            i foolishly replaced it with a Mass drop brass flashlight that eats batteries

I may need to get another one.

Comment

A peek into the sick world of the flashlight addict:

CandlePowerForums

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                                A peek into the sick world of the flashlight addict:

CandlePowerForums
                                While I have quite a number, maybe a dozen or so different flashlights, I don't consider myself a flashlight addict. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X