Any future C-Note Center channel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any future C-Note Center channel?

I believe this has been asked before, but want to see if progress has been made. Are there plans in the works for a center channel alignment with the c-notes?

The design is finalized and the enclosures are on order.
    The C-note center channel should be in stock in 40 to 60 days.

Comment

Kingston Trio-Love Comes a Trickling Down - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Perez View Post
        The design is finalized and the enclosures are on order.
        The C-note center channel should be in stock in 40 to 60 days.
        May I ask the dimensions? I’m building a media console right now and want to ensure I build it accordingly.

Comment

This is great news! Chris_Perez any chance you can share the dimensions and price? Sensitivity? Is it the same drivers as the TM, but in an MTM config? :-)
          Last edited by JohnBooty; 10-19-2018, 11:48 PM.

Comment

No problem guys. I can't remember the exact dimensions right off hand (I'll double check on Monday) but I'm pretty sure it is 21.5"W x 7.5"H x 9"D. It has two ports on the back, so it will need a little breathing room behind it, but not much 2" should be plenty. I had two in the front initially, but it was just too busy looking.

It does use the same drivers as the C-note, just an MTM arrangement.

Sensitivity is a couple dB higher than the C-note, about 87 dB. And the price will be $100, of course, lol.

The crossover is a little different, it has a dip centered around 5,000 Hz to pretty much eliminate any sibilance at high output (that can really be annoying when watching movies). It still matches up to the C-notes, I swapped out the MT and the MTM many times and really couldn't tell a difference between the two until I really pushed them, the center never really sounded stressed, even at uncomfortably high levels.

Actually, I really want to bring the prototype back home... I like it much better than my current center. Lol.

Comment

I would of just bought another pair of C notes and used one of them as the center channel, but that's just me.

Comment

I was thinking of trying them stacked, as an MTTM.

Comment

Sooooo????? any word now....

Comment

YES we want

Comment

Chris_Perez I see the C-Note woofers are backordered until March. Does that mean that's when we can expect to see the C-Note MTM kits?

Comment

Well, they're here! Who's got builds on the way?

I'd be especially interested in hearing from those planning on using them vertically as left & right speakers! Should be great for that.

https://www.parts-express.com/c-note...-kit--300-7142

Kudos to Chris and the crew for getting these out there for the public to enjoy.

Comment

Thanks for catching that, John!
                          Ed Henderson

Comment

Just ordered one today I will report back once completed. 🤞 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I plan to order a few of these, but would prefer to orient them in a TMM format and build into a tower speaker (closed off bottom chamber for proper volume). Is it possible to change to TMM without adjusting the crossover? I’ve seen it mentioned in other builds in the past but not for the c-note

Comment

Working...
                              X