Any future C-Note Center channel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any future C-Note Center channel?

I believe this has been asked before, but want to see if progress has been made. Are there plans in the works for a center channel alignment with the c-notes?

The design is finalized and the enclosures are on order.
    The C-note center channel should be in stock in 40 to 60 days.

Comment

Kingston Trio-Love Comes a Trickling Down - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Perez View Post
        The design is finalized and the enclosures are on order.
        The C-note center channel should be in stock in 40 to 60 days.
        May I ask the dimensions? I’m building a media console right now and want to ensure I build it accordingly.

Comment

This is great news! Chris_Perez any chance you can share the dimensions and price? Sensitivity? Is it the same drivers as the TM, but in an MTM config? :-)
          Last edited by JohnBooty; 10-19-2018, 11:48 PM.

Comment

No problem guys. I can't remember the exact dimensions right off hand (I'll double check on Monday) but I'm pretty sure it is 21.5"W x 7.5"H x 9"D. It has two ports on the back, so it will need a little breathing room behind it, but not much 2" should be plenty. I had two in the front initially, but it was just too busy looking.

It does use the same drivers as the C-note, just an MTM arrangement.

Sensitivity is a couple dB higher than the C-note, about 87 dB. And the price will be $100, of course, lol.

The crossover is a little different, it has a dip centered around 5,000 Hz to pretty much eliminate any sibilance at high output (that can really be annoying when watching movies). It still matches up to the C-notes, I swapped out the MT and the MTM many times and really couldn't tell a difference between the two until I really pushed them, the center never really sounded stressed, even at uncomfortably high levels.

Actually, I really want to bring the prototype back home... I like it much better than my current center. Lol.

Comment

I would of just bought another pair of C notes and used one of them as the center channel, but that's just me.

Comment

I was thinking of trying them stacked, as an MTTM.

Comment

Sooooo????? any word now....

Comment

YES we want

Comment

Chris_Perez I see the C-Note woofers are backordered until March. Does that mean that's when we can expect to see the C-Note MTM kits?

Comment

Working...
                      X