No announcement yet.

Subwoofer Apm Plate or Bheringer iNuke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, thanks everyone I’ll buy a PA Power Amp then, I’m convinced now!

Now, you guys made me doubt about Bheringer and I don’t forcefully need DSP capability so what’s your best bang for the money recommendation?

I need to get at least 1,000 watts per channel, need 2 channels and if it can drive 2 ohm speakers that’d be the cherry in the cake!!

Ahhh, if it’s older even better because it’s easier to fix in case it breaks...

Thanks
    Last edited by AlexRivera; 10-20-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Just don't forget you might need a mixer or similar in order to really bump up the input voltage into a PA style amp.

Best bang for the money are the XBS clone amps (FP14k & FP20k), but it's a catch-22 because it's coming from China. Next would be the Crest Pro-Lite Series, followed by the Peavey IPR2 series. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by guitar maestro View Post
        Just don't forget you might need a mixer or similar in order to really bump up the input voltage into a PA style amp.
        I was not aware of this requirement, could you please elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexRivera View Post
          I think something called a Cleanbox Pro (https://www.parts-express.com/art-cl...erter--245-868) is one of the more widely used pieces that ups the output voltage from a receiver sub-out to the inputs of the pro-amp.

Comment

Originally posted by scottvalentin View Post

I think something called a Cleanbox Pro (https://www.parts-express.com/art-cl...erter--245-868) is one of the more widely used pieces that ups the output voltage from a receiver sub-out to the inputs of the pro-amp.
            It's more than just uping voltages. It's converting from an unbalanced signal, usually RCA on the receiver, to a balanced signal, usually XLR or TRS, on a "pro" amp. Some amps like the Behringer iNuke will accept balanced or unbalanced signals. Look at the specs for the receiver, if it's capable of driving more than 4 volts then all you need is the correct cable to hook it up to a "pro" amp.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexRivera View Post
              Most Pro amplifiers state the sensitivity - that specified voltage at the input (with the level control wide open) that will cause the amplifier to reach full rated power.
              I've been using Pro Amps in mixed systems for years - If the Source output voltage is sufficient, it's not a problem.
              Some Crown amps can either be set to 0.77v or 1.4v input sensitivity.
              To take advantage of common mode noise rejection of balanced wiring - the entire system ( including sources ) has to be balanced

"Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
              “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
              "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

I'm so upset about these new iNuke replacements. I bought my ugly iNuke like one month before these came out.

I have an iNuke NU6000DSP that I use for two sealed SDX12 subwoofers in my living room. It is plenty of power to get some ridiculous output.
                -Kerry

www.pursuitofperfectsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by guitar maestro View Post

Best bang for the money are the XBS clone amps (FP14k & FP20k), but it's a catch-22 because it's coming from China. Next would be the Crest Pro-Lite Series, followed by the Peavey IPR2 series. IMO.
                  The Behringer amps can be run from normal subwoofer out connections without anything in between
                  -Kerry

www.pursuitofperfectsound.com

Comment

Thanks again everybody, learning new things every day in this forum

BTW, I have a NU6000DSP still unopened that I bought about 2 years ago and now I want to buy another but I'm having an issue here, I found a deal for the older NU6000DSP at $320 shipped vs. the new NX6000D at $450....

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post

The Behringer amps can be run from normal subwoofer out connections without anything in between
                      I thought so but good to have confirmed.
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X