Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12th annual CKY-DIY will be November 10th, 2018...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those woofers in Ben's Fenrir design are on sale at a stupid price and with PE carrying the Wavecor 22 mm tweeters it would be a great inexpensive build.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    Website

Comment

...and most enjoyed my Overdrive10 subwoofer as well!
      Agreed- Adam's 3-ways were spectacular!
      I think this is the 3rd time I've heard the Penguins, and the bass they can do is really good. He hit those outta the park!

Thanks for the comments on my Fenrir! I too find them to be really smooth.

Gear- Emotiva Stealth DC-1, Marantz CD player, and an ML No. 27 amplifier. This really was a great sounding set of components!

It was a great time! Thanks to Keith for the tunes, Tim for the space, Rory and Steve Fishe for the gear, and all whom attended making this a worthwhile endeavor!

Let's hope we can make this happen again next year,
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
        ...and most enjoyed my Overdrive10 subwoofer as well!
        Agreed- Adam's 3-ways were spectacular!
        I think this is the 3rd time I've heard the Penguins, and the bass they can do is really good. He hit those outta the park!

Thanks for the comments on my Fenrir! I too find them to be really smooth.

Gear- Emotiva Stealth DC-1, Marantz CD player, and an ML No. 27 amplifier. This really was a great sounding set of components!

It was a great time! Thanks to Keith for the tunes, Tim for the space, Rory and Steve Fishe for the gear, and all whom attended making this a worthwhile endeavor!

Let's hope we can make this happen again next year,
        Wolf
        I really like the Fenrir too. Well balanced speaker. Also agree on Adam's speaker. Very nice with impressive bass.
        craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

I didn't see you there, Craig. How'd you hear Adam's set? He only had them finished a couple days before the event.

Later,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Who's hybrid open baffle speakers? Any details about them? They look awesome!
            Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
              I didn't see you there, Craig. How'd you hear Adam's set? He only had them finished a couple days before the event.

Later,
              Wolf
              I thought he had these at another show, maybe I have not heard this one.
              Edit time. Just looked at my pic's , this is not the speaker I thought it was.
              craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Fantastic time guys! Great to get to hang out for the day. Wish I would have had a project to play, definitely will next year!
                A mains
                The Ventures
                Open Invit8tions
                RSR
                Sound Troopers
                Acorns
                DGBG's
                The Monuments

Comment

Working...
                X