Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How trustworthy is parts-express.com?

hiii,
    you guys have incredible deals on the subwoofer I am trying to purchase. The dayton sub1200 ends up at just below $150. Free shipping. If I were to ship it through amazon, it would end up costing more than $300. Is this legit?
    its like so good to be true Rufus
    Last edited by divines; 11-07-2018, 01:13 PM.

How trustworthy is Amazon? Did you know that if you click see all buying options you can sometimes get the same item for less? Just put it on credit and it won't matter anyhow. 😉

Comment

Dayton is the 'house brand' of Parts Express... so yes, the price is legit. And you won't find better customer service with any company anywhere, online or brick-and-mortar.
      TomZ
      *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
      *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Parts Express is an excellent company to deal with, their customer focus, prices and service are second to none, and I wish there were more companies like them in Oz.

Geoff

Comment

This? It's on sale. Free shipping only in US.

Dayton Audio SUB-1200 12" 120 Watt Powered Subwoofer

Comment

Originally posted by divines View Post
            he dayton sub1200 ends up at just below $150. Free shipping. If I were to ship it through amazon, it would end up costing more than $300.
            I cannot find the Sub 1200 on Amazon for more than $162.95, and that's with 2 day shipping.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
            www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

This:
              Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
              Dayton is the 'house brand' of Parts Express... so yes, the price is legit. And you won't find better customer service with any company anywhere, online or brick-and-mortar.
              TomZ
              … has absolutely been my experience as well, and I've dumped thousands here.

The people that have been here for a really long time have probably dumped enough to purchase new vehicles and maybe a house, with pretty much the same experience based on everything I've ever read around here - which is a lot.

This isn't fan'boi crap. It's just facts. Ofc ignorant tariffs may be on the way to impacting us all but that's another topic and potential tragedy.
              Feel free to rip my assumptions apart when wrong, or fix if close.

Passive Radiators:
              All PR(s) Vd must at-least double all woofer(s) Vd. Calc = Sd x Xmax to get Vd for all PR(s) and all woofer(s). If all PR(s) Vd at-least double all woofer(s) Vd they'll work.
              For woofer(s) with large Xmax vs Sd, all PR(s) with Xmax at-least double all woofer(s) Xmax will work.
              A PR max weight is said to be its Mms x3

PR Systems - tight focus with key parameters.
              PR Speaker Design - thorough coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                I cannot find the Sub 1200 on Amazon for more than $162.95, and that's with 2 day shipping.
                And then it comes from Parts Express anyways. Lots of odd threads today.
                Francis

Comment

divines, please tell us you're not a bot.
                  Francis

Comment

I've read on another forum that's getting bombarded with spam continuously that it's because that place is not SSL protected. As it gets harder to spam the https sites, the pestilence gets focused on the easier targets.

Spammer. What a loathsome occupation.

Comment

We are so very not trustworthy, have you seen us? Faces only a mother could love.

*end obvious sarcasm*
                      All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. All sales final.

Comment

Originally posted by Thump View Post
                        This:

… has absolutely been my experience as well, and I've dumped thousands here.Rufus MapQuest UpToDate

The people that have been here for a really long time have probably dumped enough to purchase new vehicles and maybe a house, with pretty much the same experience based on everything I've ever read around here - which is a lot.

This isn't fan'boi crap. It's just facts. Ofc ignorant tariffs may be on the way to impacting us all but that's another topic and potential tragedy.
                        thankyou!!!

Comment

Originally posted by divines View Post

thankyou!!!
                          u bet.

Note these forums are full of folks that'll help answer just about any question you can possibly have about DIY, to a degree of technical expertise you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else in the world.

Don't be afraid of asking questions, sounding stupid, being a noob or anything else. None of that means much here.

The experts hanging around this place enjoy helping others. It's part of the hobby for them. It gives them all kinds of opportunities to freshen themselves on some stuff they may not have reviewed for a while, gives more motivation to further hone their skills cranking out "what if" scenarios like specialty cross over and cabinet designs etc etc.

It's a good bunch of people.

For your part, just be a good (decent) member, don't troll, start wars or spam and you'll have a fine time.

If you wind up getting serious in the hobby you'll start finding opportunities to "pay it forward" helping others too, and it doesn't have to be any particular topic.

I'm a "noob" overall relative to driver T/S (and many more) parameter nuances and impacts, XO design (for same reason), proper detailed accurate measurements and many other low level aspects. I'm learning and some day can pay some of that forward.

I do, however, have extensive experience in other areas that come up on occasion, providing chances to pay forward sooner.

And above all, have some damn fun and don't take things too seriously (as in, negatively).
                          Feel free to rip my assumptions apart when wrong, or fix if close.

Passive Radiators:
                          All PR(s) Vd must at-least double all woofer(s) Vd. Calc = Sd x Xmax to get Vd for all PR(s) and all woofer(s). If all PR(s) Vd at-least double all woofer(s) Vd they'll work.
                          For woofer(s) with large Xmax vs Sd, all PR(s) with Xmax at-least double all woofer(s) Xmax will work.
                          A PR max weight is said to be its Mms x3

PR Systems - tight focus with key parameters.
                          PR Speaker Design - thorough coverage.

Comment

Working...
                          X