Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Dayton's revised 2.1 mini bluetooth amp is in...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Dayton's revised 2.1 mini bluetooth amp is in...

Click image for larger version

Name:	new amp pic.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1392925

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...ment--300-3831

50-120 Hz adjustment for the sub section. Doesn't mention the slope, but I guess it's second order?

I have one of the old ones to modify still, but this one is on my list. Pretty much ticks all the boxes for me. Only went up a few bucks too for the added adjustability.

This thing really does have the power to allow good output on a wide range of speakers. I'd pair this with a set of coming soon "Passive Aggressives" and maybe one of Paul Carmody's "Burrow" subwoofers or Wolf's Triumph subwoofers for a nice little 'loud enough' system.

TomZ
    *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
    *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Anyone know if the satellite outputs are high-passed at a fixed frequency, or do their high-pass frequency correspond to the "crossover" for the sub section as well?

Comment

I haven't seen a chip amp yet that doesn't run the satellites full range. The product description is obtuse. The bass and treble aren't bass and treble but sub volume and tone control per description. I have a Nobsound 2.1 that has real bass, treble, sub volume and sub xover controls, but it too runs the satellites full range, and isn't bluetooth. i went to the Dayton DSP250 sub amp to get the functions I want in my PC 2.1

Comment

Gotcha, thanks. Was thinking about a couple of Sure amps to run a 2.1 outdoor system, or something like this. I think I'd rather have the extra power output of a pair of Sure amp boards though.

Comment

Originally posted by guitar maestro View Post
          Anyone know if the satellite outputs are high-passed at a fixed frequency, or do their high-pass frequency correspond to the "crossover" for the sub section as well?
          Based on my reverse engineering and mod's to the original DTA2.1 version, I highly doubt the satellites are high passed. The original sub LP filter (fixed) was an 2nd order using the standard Sallen-Key topology (2 caps, 2 resistors in an op-amp circuit). My bet is the adjustable sub woofer just adds variable resistance to one or both resistors in that circuit.

If your willing to replace two SMD caps, you can create (actually increase) the -3 dB point of the satellites' 1st order HP filter that is inherent in the design of the TPA3116 chip amp..

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
            I haven't seen a chip amp yet that doesn't run the satellites full range. The product description is obtuse. The bass and treble aren't bass and treble but sub volume and tone control per description. I have a Nobsound 2.1 that has real bass, treble, sub volume and sub xover controls, but it too runs the satellites full range, and isn't bluetooth. i went to the Dayton DSP250 sub amp to get the functions I want in my PC 2.1
            This one has high pass for the satellites https://www.parts-express.com/lepai-...3118--310-4002

Comment

6 db at 100hz is a start. I would have used that in my little bedside 2.1 with Dan P's NRNP sub, looks like a perfect fit.

Jeff f "has a spectacular aura about him"

This is better I think, whole different level.

Dayton Audio SPA250DSP - Product Spotlight - YouTube

Comment

Didn't take long for those to fly off the shelf...Just purchased the last one in stock.

Comment

Dang. Just bought the other one recently. Going to have to buy another one. The non adjustable sub xover is perfect for my tiny speakers, but too high for larger speakers.

Comment

Working...
                  X