Ferrofluid and Ultimax 10?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nicholas_23 View Post
    Lacquer on the VC get hot and leak out? Was it stinky ?
    No smell. I felt of the woofer, but it had been off long enough that there was no warmth. I have had only 2 other subs fail since I was 16. so 20 years, both were Aura Force 12's who had been in the dealers personal truck, so I assumed he beat them to death demoing them. I am excited about the new sub coming here shortly. I think I'm moving it into my bedroom off a 100 watt plate at low volume for a while to break it in.

Comment

dang it, who have I pissed off to keep getting bad luck. I hooked my old Kenwood HTR up and hook it to some Infinity Reference bookshelves. Played some Avengers Infinity WAR and the first scene when Thanos destroys the Asguardian ship. So sound was good , except for the bass. looked at settings and bass was up all the way. Then I realized that I can only turn the sub on using the remote for the receiver, and guess what I can't find. The remote is lost, so maybe I can find it. So no listening for the new sub.

Comment

Not sure I heard that before:
        RSS265HF-8: Vas=1.82cf, SPL=83.2
        Kappalite 3010MB: Vas=1.84cf, SPL=98.6dB

Both 8 ohm drivers. Of course the HF goes lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
          Not sure I heard that before:
          RSS265HF-8: Vas=1.82cf, SPL=83.2
          Kappalite 3010MB: Vas=1.84cf, SPL=98.6dB

Both 8 ohm drivers. Of course the HF goes lower.
          Well yea, they are aimed at two completely different applications. Thats obvious. I was talking about bass drivers specifically. Given the same Re, Fs, Qes, the one with the lower Vas will have the lowest midband rated sensitivity and eta-naught efficiency. I believe you were taking my statement in much too broad of a sense, since I know you know your stuff too.
          Last edited by guitar maestro; 11-09-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Found the remote and so far, it is sounding great. Off only 100 watts is it so quick and detailed. It does not have nearly enough power and the box is a truck tuned to 25 hz, but it works quite well.

Comment

Well, it wasn't ferrofluid, but maybe something gooey and sticky, drips of food or beverage.

Comment

Originally posted by AEIOU View Post
                Well, it wasn't ferrofluid, but maybe something gooey and sticky, drips of food or beverage.
                If that was the case there would have been a big puddle under the sub on my box, as it was recessed into a 14x14 baffle and sloped to fit under my truck seat and any random fluid would have collected on the lip below the sub.

Comment

Working...
                X