Need suggestions on a birthday present

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions on a birthday present

So, it's my birthday, and the wife has asked me to purchase my own present. Looking for suggestions (I'd like to know drivers that people are interested in seeing turned into a design). I'm thinking some of the Wavecor woofers and/or perhaps conundrum tweets? I'm wanting to keep the total per speaker driver price around 150. What would you guys want?
    DARPA Jr - 2015 InDIYana Winner - RS180-8 + RS100P-8 + ND25FA
    The Aria's - RS150-4 (or RS150-8) + XT25SC90
    The Mariposa's - TEBM65C20F-8 + ND16FA
    The Canzonetta's - RS100P-8 and ND16FA
    AudioSource AMP-100 Mods OR Pyle PAMP1000 Mods

Happy Birthday. I need more speakers like I need another hole in my head.

Comment

Honestly Wavecor was first thought that popped into my head. Your idea sounds awesome to pair with the peerless tweets.
      Oh - Happy Birthday!

Comment

Tyger, I think the Wavecor idea is good, but Dayton has come out with a lot of new drivers in the last year that have no reviews yet. Most of them are more budget (especially compared to the Wavecor), so I guess that really depends on the speaker you want to build.

Originally posted by djg View Post
        Happy Birthday. I need more speakers like I need another hole in my head.
        Djg, I don't understand....why do you need another hole in your head?

Comment

Good one.

Comment

RST tweeters, SB ceramic woofers, single TB Coax W6-2313 center channel, mini array with Tectonic TEBM35C10, DIY headphones...
            John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

SB poly woofers. Bo said they are the most overlooked, under utilized drivers in their lineup. They are one of his favorites.
              craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Having heard the Wavecor WF182BD10 with a Scan tweeter this summer, I would say you can’t go wrong with that selection. It’s a very sweet driver. Compared to European offerings of the same caliber, the Wavecor is also priced nicely.

Wavecor WF182BD10 7" Balanced Drive Paper/Glass Fiber Cone Mid-Woofer 8 Ohm
                No matter where you go, there you are.
                Website

Comment

Working...
                X