Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4thtry
    replied
    I drilled a couple of 1/4" holes and brought a pair of 16ga OFC wires out the back for the woofer and tweeter connections. I sealed the holes on each side with silicone rubber cement. I pasted these wires internally on alternate sides of the box using double sided carpet tape.

The back 2/3rds of the box is open in the center and lined with 1/2" rigid fiberglass panels. No fiberglass is placed near the slot port opening. I rounded the port entrance and exit edges with a 1/2" round over bit.

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied
    Here are a few glue up and baffle machining pics. I scalloped the internal F6 woofer hole for improved air flow and reduced near field reflections. The tweeter is flush mounted with a 1/16" recess. The woofer is surface mounted so that it can partially overlap the tweeter flange.

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied
    I installed a slot type port at the rear of the cabinet, constructed out of 3/4" laminated particle board. It is 8.3 inches long and measures 1 x 6.5" internally. (see pics)

I put two crisscross type braces along the length of the line, rounding the edges for improved air flow. (see pics)

The 3/4" particle board shelving material that I used was laminated on both sides, so, as you can see in the pics, I pre-sanded the laminated gluing surfaces with #40 grit for improved adhesion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X