Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Anarchy 7" Who has used them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anarchy 7" Who has used them?

What size/alignment? I am thinking a pair per side, covering the range to meet a NE149W. Likely a miniDSP between those. But I am open to ideas. Thinking of my "last" ultimate speaker system (lol)

cjd, Ansonica 2.5 TMM

Pete S. Apollo MTM

Comment

Great idea. The Anarchy is a great bass driver.
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

...and Adam's new build we heard last weekend at CKY-DIY. He used a pair, and they roared and rumbled with the best of them.
        Later,
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I have a pair sitting on my bench to be used. Building into a 3 way in just under half a cube of space, should reach under 40Hz ported. Really looking forward to getting that done when I can.
          Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
          Wogg Music
          Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat

Comment

As wolf stated, I've also used them in a pair per side. No subs necessary in this configuration..

Comment

What size/alignments you recommend?
              Anyone think the RS225 would do better? Also would be a pair per side. I assuming maybe more efficient but not quite as deep as the Anarchy. Musicality? Range would be under 500hz

Comment

I used these in an MTM pair with a small horn as tweeter. I recall that I did not like the performance of the Anarchy woofers starting around 1kHz or so and that was too low to cross over to the tweeter so I scrapped the project. I still have the Anarchy units, and I might try my MTM approach with a fullranger as tweeter, crossed over around 750Hz. I just need a cab, which I unfortunately can't build because I have close to zero wookworking skills, tools, or space to do that kind of thing.
                Charlie's Audio Pages: http://audio.claub.net

Comment

Originally posted by charlielaub View Post
                  I used these in an MTM pair with a small horn as tweeter. I recall that I did not like the performance of the Anarchy woofers starting around 1kHz or so and that was too low to cross over to the tweeter so I scrapped the project. I still have the Anarchy units, and I might try my MTM approach with a fullranger as tweeter, crossed over around 750Hz. I just need a cab, which I unfortunately can't build because I have close to zero wookworking skills, tools, or space to do that kind of thing.
                  The MTM I built used a pair of big tweeters crossed around 1200Hz. Ideally they should anchor a 3-way crossed no higher than 800. Small dome mid and ribbon tweeter would be really nice. The NE149 will make a very nice mid.
                  R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

"Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Originally posted by ontariomaximus View Post
                    What size/alignments you recommend?
                    Anyone think the RS225 would do better? Also would be a pair per side. I assuming maybe more efficient but not quite as deep as the Anarchy. Musicality? Range would be under 500hz
                    I really like the idea of using a pair of the DSA270 Passive radiators in 1 cubic feet with a pair of Anarchy. You'll be able to reach 110+ dB levels with 250W available and neither the PRs or Anarchy will be close to their excursion limits above 35Hz.

A dual RS225 setup will be larger and more sensitive, but the dual Anarchy still has more linear output, amazingly enough.

Comment

Ooh, I really like that idea with the pr's! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Schumacher View Post

The MTM I built used a pair of big tweeters crossed around 1200Hz. Ideally they should anchor a 3-way crossed no higher than 800. Small dome mid and ribbon tweeter would be really nice. The NE149 will make a very nice mid.
                        I have a pair of NeoCD1.0 and CAM558 looking for some anchors Was thinking of using my pair of 8V416J for a pseudo canTiLena, but maybe the Anarchy & PR combo would be fun. Thoughts?
                        My Builds - Overnight Sensations w/ Voxel - Speedsters in surplus boxes - Zaph B3N's in bamboo - Classix II in BR-1 cabinets - Dual TPA3116 D2 amp in an old music box - Mariposas

Comment

Originally posted by silverD View Post

I have a pair of NeoCD1.0 and CAM558 looking for some anchors Was thinking of using my pair of 8V416J for a pseudo canTiLena, but maybe the Anarchy & PR combo would be fun. Thoughts?
                          Sounds like my Gormacho project except I used an Usher 8945A woofer and a port.
                          Craig

Comment

The Anarchy 708s show as being out of stock. Anyone have an idea when they might be available again?

An alternative to the pair of DSA-270-PRs might be a single RSS265-PR (for a bit more $).

Comment

It will be a while before the 8 ohm models are back in stock. People seemed to want the 4 ohm model so that's what I reordered last year. Then the Apollo MTM came out and the 8 ohm models seemed to be in more demand.

Comment

Working...
                              X