No announcement yet.

Anarchy 7" Who has used them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if / when these will be available again. I've toyed around with the idea of a super high-value 3 way using these, theTEBM46 and a yet to be determined (suggestions?) tweeter.

Comment

I tried to tag Pete in this message but for some reason the tag disappears when the message is saved...

Being that the 8 ohm version is out of stock with no verified re-stock date would there be any chance of an 8 ohm MTM version with series 4 ohm drivers?
      Last edited by davidroberts; 02-07-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

David,
        This might help. I've been caught up in a xo over nightmare with with 2 - 8 ohm Anarchy's and a Wavecor 30WA11. (mtm that looks similar to an Apollo)
        Had a lot of trouble with cancellation,,,but there was an easy answer: JUST GO ACTIVE. Which took all of an hour to hook up and now the speakers are in phase, and hearing a lot of detail that was missing.
        I do have a mic and the overall response looks good; the mic was helpful dialing in the xo point and levels.

Comment

Pic to go with above:

Comment

Originally posted by davidroberts View Post
            I tried to tag Pete in this message but for some reason the tag disappears when the message is saved...

Being that the 8 ohm version is out of stock with no verified re-stock date would there be any chance of an 8 ohm MTM version with series 4 ohm drivers?
            I could simulate a MTM version using dual 4" but it may take a little tweaking.
            R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
            "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

We're stuck inside here with bad weather, so had 12hrs of testing yesterday with a 12db active xo (need a 18db).
              A shout out for the Cambridge DacMagic Plus, extremely easy to use with USB/Toslink/RCA digital inputs. I bought the Cambridge for microphone testing, but will connect to Smart TV (set to PCM) and CD players with digital output.
              Equipment:
              Anarchy 4 - 8ohm
              Tweeter Wavecor 30WA11
              Amplifiers: 2 Rotel 990's, note a 15uf capacitor in series for tweeter for protection.
              Connection Wire: 20' long each 14/4 typ inhouse speaker wire.

Listening Impressions:
              1. Pandora, feed from the TV via Toslink, more then 1/2 of the music was impressive, a few sour sounding songs which I skipped though. One very noticeable improvement was power handing with an active setup.

2. CD player, 2 disks, male/female vocalists, both sounded great.

3. Next, movie sound tracks/movie dialog. Mixed results, they active setup is not forgiving, so if the signal is not up to today's standards, nothing can be done to sooth/smooth/mellow out the sound.

I found that the best listening positioning was ear level with the tweeter, centered about 17' - 18' away, although sounded fine further away -- 40' ish.

Overall, the sound reminded me of good quality PA/DJ speakers; they could certainly be used at a smaller venue if needed. I am positive with a different xo, with greater slope, and minor eq adjustments they would work much better.
              [Tweeter has an inherent dip around 2,500-3,000hz]

Last edited by HIFY GUY; 02-11-2019, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X