X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete Schumacher
    Obsessed & Proud of It
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Paul Ebert
    The Anarchy 708s show as being out of stock. Anyone have an idea when they might be available again?

An alternative to the pair of DSA-270-PRs might be a single RSS265-PR (for a bit more $).
    That would work, but the lower Qms and Vas don't quite have the same tuning range that the DSA does.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

• Pete Schumacher
      Obsessed & Proud of It
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by silverD

I have a pair of NeoCD1.0 and CAM558 looking for some anchors Was thinking of using my pair of 8V416J for a pseudo canTiLena, but maybe the Anarchy & PR combo would be fun. Thoughts?
      The single 4 Ohm Anarchy with 10" PR in .6 cubic feet would work well since the 8 Ohm is apparently out of stock.
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
      Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

"Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

• davidroberts
        Midrange Member
        • Sep 2005

Pete, how much added mass are you looking at for the PR? I ran some sims in Unibox that look really good but I haven't seen any information on how much mass the DS PR can accommodate.

Comment

• Pete Schumacher
          Obsessed & Proud of It
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by davidroberts
          Pete, how much added mass are you looking at for the PR? I ran some sims in Unibox that look really good but I haven't seen any information on how much mass the DS PR can accommodate.
          120 grams on each PR

Comment

• davidroberts
            Midrange Member
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Pete Schumacher

120 grams on each PR
            What are you seeing for the F3 & Fb? What are you using to model them?

I am using Unibox to model the 4 ohm in .6 CFT and I am having to add a lot more mass. I think I am using the T/S parameters that you posted but I may still be doing something wrong...

Comment

• Pete Schumacher
              Obsessed & Proud of It
              • Oct 2005

I was using WinISD and the parameters pulled from the PE website for the SDA270 PRs. The pair of them tune 1cf to 41Hz which in this simulation produces F3 at 38Hz. But that's with a pair of 8 Ohm.

Using the parameters I measured for the 4 Ohm Anarchy, and the same 120 grams on a single PR in .6cf, F3 extends to 35 but with an EBS alignment (shelving of the bass response). Nothing at all wrong with that.

Comment

• HIFY GUY
                Been Around Awhile
                • Jun 2013

Who's using them,,,count me in.
                Super woofers....fabricated several boxes and now using three MTM's in the HT.
                (pic)
                The woofers are beautifully made and with a few crossover (passive) parts have a very nice, flat response.

*Don't even bother to turn on the subwoofer on most of the time..

Actually I wonder why more people are lined up to try them.
                Last edited by HIFY GUY; 01-13-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• HIFY GUY
                  Been Around Awhile
                  • Jun 2013

Question, any measurements for the 8 ohm version plz?

I saw there are some for the 4ohm woofer, but what about the 8ohm?

Thanks!

Comment

• rickcraig
                    Seasoned Veteran
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by HIFY GUY
                    Question, any measurements for the 8 ohm version plz?

I saw there are some for the 4ohm woofer, but what about the 8ohm?

Thanks!
                    Here are measurements from a design that I did.

Attached Files

Comment

• Dave Bullet
                      Been Around Awhile
                      • Jul 2018

rickcraig - vented I presume? Box params please? I presume the nearfield is combined port / driver response?

Comment

• HIFY GUY
                        Been Around Awhile
                        • Jun 2013

Rickcraig,

Very helpful, thank you for posting.
                        Looks like a very flat response, which I have also seen with completed projects.

Originally posted by rickcraig

Here are measurements from a design that I did.

Comment

• norman bates
                          Been Around Awhile
                          • Dec 2012

Based on the Zpeaks, is the box undersized ?

Comment

• rickcraig
                            Seasoned Veteran
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dave Bullet
                            rickcraig - vented I presume? Box params please? I presume the nearfield is combined port / driver response?
                            .75 cubic ft. with a 2"x 6" port (possibly 7", I would have to check my notes). Yes, combined woofer and port response.

Comment

• rickcraig
                              Seasoned Veteran
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by norman bates
                              Based on the Zpeaks, is the box undersized ?
                              No, in fact it's larger than some of the other designs I've seen, as much as 50%.

Comment

• Face
                                Seasoned Veteran
                                • Dec 2008

They also work well in a .5cf sealed enclosure.
                                "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Working...