New from Morel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Morel

Just in case you guys hadn't seen or heard about this new "driver" from Morel...

http://www.parts-express.com/morel-t...plate--287-038

Cheers!
    All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. All sales final.

That's pretty slick.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Love it. I see that topping a 3.5 way tower with some higher end woofers to mate with.
      Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
      Wogg Music
      Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
        That's pretty slick.

That was close to my response when I saw it at our new product meeting a while back. Figured this would make for simple designs. Personally, I could see this being a boon for the car audio market if they made one in 4 ohm. That would make for a slick 3 way active setup in a car. That mid/tweet in an A-pillar/dash pod with a midbass in the door or kick = done.

A boy can dream ;)
        All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Comment

It's on the current cover of the LIS source book. Does this mean you'll be stocking the 'slim' woofers and coaxes as well?

Maybe an NEHD2 could be on the horizon....

Later,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Thought there was something similar to this a long time ago?

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
              Thought there was something similar to this a long time ago?
              IIRC HiVi had the TM1A which was a similar setup, but a different flange shape. I think that's what Ben used in his NEHD speakers.
              "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

You are correct, sir!
                Wolf
                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I'm curious - why would Morel use a 1 1/8" tweeter instead of a 3/4"? I'd imagine that mid is at least close to the MDM55 (the parameters seem slightly different) which in my experience has been perfectly happy crossing to a 3/4" tweeter.

Comment

Does Morel have a 3/4" tweeter? It may be because they have 1 1/8" tweeters in their stable.
                    No matter where you go, there you are.
                    Website

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                      That's pretty slick.
                      Slick is a good word for this product.
                      No matter where you go, there you are.
                      Website

Comment

Originally posted by gowa View Post
                        Does Morel have a 3/4" tweeter? It may be because they have 1 1/8" tweeters in their stable.
                        Yep, that'll do it. I knew that they were largely 1 1/8" tweeters and assumed there were others in the line, but it doesn't appear so! easy answer.

Also yes, I agree. Its still totally slick.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_M View Post
                          I'm curious - why would Morel use a 1 1/8" tweeter instead of a 3/4"? I'd imagine that mid is at least close to the MDM55 (the parameters seem slightly different) which in my experience has been perfectly happy crossing to a 3/4" tweeter.
                          I thought the same thing and noticed that there's already some complaints about the off axis response not being as wide as they insinuated.

Comment

Seems like a perfect driver for a HT center channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                              It's on the current cover of the LIS source book. Does this mean you'll be stocking the 'slim' woofers and coaxes as well?

Maybe an NEHD2 could be on the horizon....

Later,
                              Wolf
                              I do not know, Ben, but I will find out for you. I'm kind of hoping so, because I'd love to have the slim 6.5 to compare against my Zapco ZSL's.

Comment

Working...
                              X